Hey Kris, Whats The Status?
RodneyU
Apr 20 2007, 05:55 PM
GMC:er
On the new Flash player with the looping ability?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 22 2007, 11:39 AM
GMC Founder
Well the player is finished, but we haven't done the implementing into the lesson template yet. Since the flashcoder was unable to produce the coolest feature of the player (slow-down function) we haven't given the implementing a very high priority.

Instead, we have been working on a lesson-uploading interface. This will allow the guest teachers to upload the lessons themselves - allowing us to have almost an infinite amount of updates per week (provided we can find the teachers).

As it is now I have to spend a couple of hours just putting together someone else's lesson, which of course limits the maximum number of updates we can have. Pavel is about to try the beta-version of this interface today with his monday lesson!

Some other cool news - we have just bought a chat function for gmc (by request!). You can see it here, live demo here. I don't know when it will appear on the site (things allways take a very long time...). We bought the "enterprise" verison which allows for "Moderated events, guest speakers", a feature which I think can come in quite handy... smile.gif

Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben C
Apr 22 2007, 09:24 PM
Man, that'll be pretty awesome! It's gonna be cool to have guest speakers come on so we can talk to them too.

Can't wait for all these new features smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 22 2007, 10:11 PM
Instructor
Just finished uploading the new lesson using the new interface!

Kris - AWESOME work there!!! smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
RodneyU
Apr 22 2007, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 22 2007, 06:39 AM) *
Well the player is finished, but we haven't done the implementing into the lesson template yet. Since the flashcoder was unable to produce the coolest feature of the player (slow-down function) we haven't given the implementing a very high priority.

Instead, we have been working on a lesson-uploading interface. This will allow the guest teachers to upload the lessons themselves - allowing us to have almost an infinite amount of updates per week (provided we can find the teachers).

As it is now I have to spend a couple of hours just putting together someone else's lesson, which of course limits the maximum number of updates we can have. Pavel is about to try the beta-version of this interface today with his monday lesson!

Some other cool news - we have just bought a chat function for gmc (by request!). You can see it here, live demo here. I don't know when it will appear on the site (things allways take a very long time...). We bought the "enterprise" verison which allows for "Moderated events, guest speakers", a feature which I think can come in quite handy... smile.gif

Kris

The looping feature however is good one. Being able to loop part of a lesson to play along with would be very helpful. Thanks Kris!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 23 2007, 04:43 AM
cool cool stuff........

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:58 AM