Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Metronome On Gmc ?
Stijntjen
post Apr 21 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.224

Would it be possible to put a good metronome on gmc ? That way you would have a proper metronome without having to pay for it or using one on an other site. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Apr 21 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

QUOTE (Stijntjen @ Apr 21 2007, 05:42 PM) *
Would it be possible to put a good metronome on gmc ? That way you would have a proper metronome without having to pay for it or using one on an other site. tongue.gif

No need my friend!

www.metronomeonline.com

Great online metronome, I personally perfer "real" Korg metronome but thats just me smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Stijntjen
post Apr 22 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1.224

I already use that one tongue.gif but it can always be better tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Apr 22 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #4

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stijntjen @ Apr 22 2007, 11:44 AM) *

Well if you are thinking about getting serious with guitar, maybe investing in a cheap metronome might be wise. I bought the Korg MA-30, great little thing! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Apr 22 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #5

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Stijntjen @ Apr 22 2007, 12:44 PM) *

Could you list some improvements you think this metronome needs? Developing a gmc metronome isn't a bad idea... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Apr 22 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 22 2007, 07:40 AM) *
Could you list some improvements you think this metronome needs? Developing a gmc metronome isn't a bad idea... smile.gif

Not specific to the metronome mentioned, but the things I would look for would be:

1. Ability to division the beats in any way (16ths, 16th triplets etc)
2. User based presets - one speed for your 16ths, another for your sweeps, also saving the division
3. Volume control
4. Tap function (to detect a tempo)

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
post Apr 22 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1.101

I think a GMC metronome is a good idea. With all of the suggestions,etc. It sounds like GMC is becoming a one stop shop for all of your guitar learning needs smile.gif

It would be cool to have a free standing metronome and maybe have one that is integrated into the new Flash player.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Apr 22 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #8

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

I also find a good solid "BEEP" important, the online one has a weedy click, its more like "bop" laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
post Apr 22 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1.626

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 22 2007, 06:35 PM) *
I also find a good solid "BEEP" important, the online one has a weedy click, its more like "bop" laugh.gif laugh.gif

yeah but nothing to high pitched

+Quote Post
Lurgen
post Apr 23 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1.649

A configurable click, including emphasised intervals, would be nice. That way those of us who like a "tock" sound get their way, and those who like a beep get theirs.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post
DazzaUK
post Apr 29 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1.718

Hi guys, I'm new to this but found a great metronome on http://www.nch.com.au/metronome/index.html its free and quite configurable.
By the way I love the metronome lesson, never thought I would spend so much time trying the same notes over and over to perfect things, The mrs says divorce, I say Rock n Roll biggrin.gif And the best lesson I have learned today is devotion is the key. Keep going when all seems black and the light will come. I was thinking of getting a guitar tutor until I signed up here but now I will save my cash and keep the faith.
Enjoy.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Apr 29 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #12

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Great suggestions here!

Andrew I am not sure I get this point:

2. User based presets - one speed for your 16ths, another for your sweeps, also saving the division

Do you mean that the user based preset should pick a certain bp,m as soon as triplets are chosen (as an aexample)? (Provided the user has chosen one earlier.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Apr 29 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #13

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 29 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Great suggestions here!

Andrew I am not sure I get this point:
Do you mean that the user based preset should pick a certain bp,m as soon as triplets are chosen (as an aexample)? (Provided the user has chosen one earlier.)

I guess I mean that you can save several different presets, with all relevant info - the beats per minute, and how you may (or may not) be dividing those beats. For 16ths, I started using 4 divisions per beat to get started, then dropped it to 2, now I just use the beat. For 16th triplets I used 6 then 3 then none ... by division I mean sub-click. Although we all aim to play to quarter notes on the metrenome, for me at least it was easier to start playing with a click on every note I wanted to play and then back the number of ticks off over time.

So, I would envisage a drop down menu or similar with the BPMs and divisions you have previously saved, that you can select from.

Did that make sense at all?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Apr 30 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

Id love to see a metronome on gmc, this is my homepage and my like new home lol. the metronome im using a download that gives me a 10 day trial at a time and unfortunatly i don't like having to fidle with anything more than my tuner my guitar my amp and gmc so it wud be great if there was 1 smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Sean Conklin
post Apr 30 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #15

Instructor

Member No.: 1.654

What's a metronome?

haha just kidding. Yeah I also think that's an excellent idea. Maybe to have a tiny built-in metronome in the lesson templates.

Sean

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 03:17 AM