Pull Offs
Lurgen
Apr 22 2007, 08:57 AM
GMC:er
OK, this is going to qualify for the total noob section of the website, but it needs to be asked so bear with me...

I'd love to see a detailed tutorial on pull offs. The basic technique, how to make them work right after bends, etc. Because I'm struggling with this one single technique, and it's driving me crazy.

I cannot, no matter how I try to do it, manage a pull off immediately after a bend, which seems to be pretty common. I'm also really struggling with multiple pull offs (strum the note, then pull off twice to achieve three different notes). None of the sites seem to deal with this particular technique, it just seems to be expected knowledge so hopefully you'll be able to throw something together (or point me towards an existing lesson, I searched but didn't find anything).

BTW, great site. I've signed up without any real hesitation, the sample content was clearly a cut above the other training sites and the members-only material is incredibly good. Great work!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 22 2007, 08:05 PM
Make sure that you're not just lifting your finger off when you pull off, this was a big mistake i made at first when trying this out. When you pull off you're pulling down on the string when your take your finger off so you're pretty much plucking the string with that finger. hope this helped

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lurgen
Apr 23 2007, 01:00 AM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Apr 23 2007, 05:05 AM) *
Make sure that you're not just lifting your finger off when you pull off, this was a big mistake i made at first when trying this out. When you pull off you're pulling down on the string when your take your finger off so you're pretty much plucking the string with that finger. hope this helped

I thought that might have been part of it, although when I use that approach the note always sounds tinny and weak. Perhaps I just need to practice it more often, and it'll come with time.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:31 PM