Ben Higgins
post Feb 9 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 8 2011, 11:38 PM) *
Thanks everybody! I don't know about adding strings; I was trying to keep it kinda country style (somewhat)...but ah, suggestions are suggestions. I'll mull it over.

I personally wouldn't add strings if it were my song.. I think it's the quickest way to make something sound dated and saccharine but it's just an opinion and not a truth. Go with your heart on it. smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Feb 9 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #22

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9.801

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 9 2011, 03:11 AM) *
I personally wouldn't add strings if it were my song.. I think it's the quickest way to make something sound dated and saccharine but it's just an opinion and not a truth. Go with your heart on it. smile.gif

I personally like it the way it is, without strings. I tried listening for strings in this song, but I couldn't picture it. Maybe low bass strings, but that's about it. But everybody has their likes and dislikes. I'm just glad people appreciate this work. I listened to this in my car and I was like, "Whoa! This is the best mix I ever have done before! Nothing ever has sounded this good in my car." I mean, I know I have a long way to go, but compared to my Happy Birthday Metal song, it's way better mix-wise. smile.gif I have the guys to thank in a thread I started. They helped me with some ideas for mixing stuff to give more of a surround sound. The bass part turned out better than I thought it would. I think it sounds pretty decent for an electric guitar with a lame sub octave effect. happy.gif It works. I don't have a bass, and can't play bass. laugh.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 09:54 AM