Reverb Pedals For... Metal?
Marabou
Nov 17 2010, 09:50 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, i´ve been meaning to ask this for quite a while now, but especially lately sine i´ve started listening to a lot of guitar solos ( usually metal ) Alright, so i´ll cut to the chase. I really need a pedal or something to make my guitar soloing sound better. Im not sure what to use tho, since most of the effects ive tried have been ... to much? Maybe a reverb pelad could give me that epic guitar soloing sound? Any advice on this will be much helpfull and very much appreciated!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 17 2010, 09:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
A little delay and a little reverb should do you good, just don't overdo either one.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 17 2010, 10:04 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Marabou @ Nov 17 2010, 09:50 PM) *
I really need a pedal or something to make my guitar soloing sound better

An EQ pedal to add mids and a delay.

+Quote Post
Marabou
Nov 17 2010, 10:13 PM
Ok guys , do you guys have any specific pedals that you preffer that i´d use? main influences are powermetal and prog smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 17 2010, 10:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Marabou @ Nov 17 2010, 04:13 PM) *
Ok guys , do you guys have any specific pedals that you preffer that i´d use? main influences are powermetal and prog smile.gif

I personally use a multi effects pedal for all my delay and reverb needs, and thats something you may want to consider. If not, you could try out the MXR Carbon Copy Delay, which is a great analog delay. As far as an individual reverb, I really don't know any good ones to recommend, hopefully someone else can help you with that tongue.gif But check out the Digitech RP500, its about $300 (or less sometimes) and it has all that in it.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Marabou
Nov 17 2010, 10:41 PM
Alright man, thanks alot i´ll check up on that biggrin.gif!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 17 2010, 11:33 PM
Multi-fx pedals are a great way to go. As are modeling pedals. They give you huge value for the dollar. Instead of just a reverb, you get a rack full of gear in something you can fit in a back pack. The choice is very personal of course. Line 6 amkes a handy device called the "pocket pod" which has a bunch of handy fx stuffed in a tiny package. You can edit the presets in software on your computer as a bonus. You can get a pocket pod with wads of fx for about $50.

Here is a pic
Attached Image
and link
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Pocket-...622-i1425959.gc

Here is a great review of the pocket pod.
http://www.betterguitar.com/equipment/othe...pocket_pod.html

They make a pedal board as well with more options for about two hundred U.S.

Here is a pic
Attached Image
and link
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Floor-P...258-i1172343.gc

There are many vendors and many brands and many products so make sure to try it before you buy it. That said, the line 6 product line is just plain good and a great place to start for your adventure in fx modeling.

Practice!
Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 17 2010, 11:38 PM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 18 2010, 01:42 AM
Instructor
I f you are playing live usually the FOH guy does the trick for you,

But yeah, the POD is a great option

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 18 2010, 01:44 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Delay used just right can add some great atmosphere and tone to your sound, as can an EQ or Reverb. I usually stay within the 150-250ms for delay and it gives it just the right amount of spice. If its a slower solo with a lot more room in the mix, I will use 300-600ms, so that kind of thing needs to be considered so it doesn't muddy the sound.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2010, 07:08 PM
Instructor
I would say you skip the reverb for metal, and add delay, it will add space without muddying up the overall sound. Good reverb in a pedal is hard to find anyway, and you would have to get some good boutique reverb to get the job done.

If you take mainstream delay boxes like Boss DD7, DD6 or even DD3, you won't make a mistake. Although they are digital, they are cutting nicely through the mix, which is important for live shows. DD7 has analog emulation and couple of interesting delay features.

If you really want to go analog, check the MXR Carbon Copy.

If you need that FX just for playing at home, check some multiFX units.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:49 AM