Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Learn Modes...
Sr4ng3r
post Apr 22 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.459

I found out that if you learn the whole pentatonic boxes (that isnt so hard I assume) and then fill in the missing notes for the major scale, it is a lot easier to remember modes and such.

You connect the modes to different pentatonic boxes, for instance box 1 goes to Aeolian mode, box 2 goes to Ionian/Locrian mode etc.

What do you think of that way to memorize modes? Is it good or does it suck? biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tank
post Apr 23 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #2

GMC Veteran
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 5

There are lots of ways of learning modes. And I've seen this way suggested a few times, both by teachers and students. So it's certainly a reasonably popular way, which would suggest that it's definately worth a try!

If it's not working out for you, try another method. One will suit your learning style.

/T

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Apr 23 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #3

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Sr4ng3r @ Apr 22 2007, 10:09 PM) *
I found out that if you learn the whole pentatonic boxes (that isnt so hard I assume) and then fill in the missing notes for the major scale, it is a lot easier to remember modes and such.

You connect the modes to different pentatonic boxes, for instance box 1 goes to Aeolian mode, box 2 goes to Ionian/Locrian mode etc.

What do you think of that way to memorize modes? Is it good or does it suck? biggrin.gif

This is how I go about the modes - so I can recommend it.

However, sometimes I find myslef sounding very "pentatonic"... If you learn the modes the traditional way you won't have that problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 04:33 PM