Learning Problems
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 25 2010, 09:30 PM
GMC:er
gonna make this simple and quick.
for exemple here in GMC.

1º- i pick a lesson that i like ( usually btwn lvl 3-6)
2º-i pick my guitar
3º-i start to learn the song the licks blahblah
4º-10 min later i feel bored and stop playing
5º-at the end of the day i didn't learn nothing..
dry.gif

setting small goals doesn't work like you guys said...<.< and i don0t know how to break this-~~

ps: this was suppost to be a reply on bad habits ...but i mess up <,< and started a new topic

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Nov 25 2010, 09:36 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Nov 25 2010, 09:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Pick a lesson that you REALLY like !!!

That way you will want to learn it. If you focus too much on technical lesson then it may cause you a lack of motivations.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 25 2010, 09:39 PM
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Nov 25 2010, 08:36 PM) *
Pick a lesson that you REALLY like !!!

That way you will want to learn it. If you focus too much on technical lesson then it may cause you a lack of motivations.

-

trust me i have tried .... im start to thinking on making a guitar break for a week or something..

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Nov 25 2010, 09:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Try to challenge yourself whit somting, or learn a song for a friend or your mom or somting wink.gif that can be a good motivation too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 25 2010, 10:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Learning a lesson, from start to finish, is not easy. Most lessons have some element that is interesting. Phrasing, backing track, tone, dynamics...just to name a few. Learning a 30 second solo lesson at GMC may or may not have a ton of educational value. That can be debated. But it's very hard to find a lesson that doesn't have SOME element that would lead to a better understanding of your instrument. Maybe look at how lessons are played. The chord progressions of the backing track, the scales used, and see how the solos are constructed. That may make learning them more interesting than just parotting out the notes chosen by someone else and would make them more instructional and perhaps less boring.

Just a thought.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
stratman79
Nov 25 2010, 10:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Get in a band or play with some other musicains and you will have a reason to push yourself and move forward...

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 25 2010, 10:54 PM
QUOTE (stratman79 @ Nov 25 2010, 09:43 PM) *
Get in a band or play with some other musicains and you will have a reason to push yourself and move forward...

i am...we just started now like 2 weeks ago biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NoSkill @ Nov 25 2010, 09:42 PM) *
Learning a lesson, from start to finish, is not easy. Most lessons have some element that is interesting. Phrasing, backing track, tone, dynamics...just to name a few. Learning a 30 second solo lesson at GMC may or may not have a ton of educational value. That can be debated. But it's very hard to find a lesson that doesn't have SOME element that would lead to a better understanding of your instrument. Maybe look at how lessons are played. The chord progressions of the backing track, the scales used, and see how the solos are constructed. That may make learning them more interesting than just parotting out the notes chosen by someone else and would make them more instructional and perhaps less boring.

Just a thought.

-
great advice ty

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 25 2010, 11:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
Dont sit down to do something just to get it done. Find your motivation smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 26 2010, 12:22 AM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 25 2010, 10:58 PM) *
Dont sit down to do something just to get it done. Find your motivation smile.gif

-
-
wow....sollesnes, thank you really smile.gif you don't know how much those words mean... i think i go it what i have to do.
Ty all biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 26 2010, 12:41 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Generally you need to pick a topic that really interests you and in which you want to progress (vibrato, bending, chicken pickin, tapping etc etc). You need to always have a higher goal. Depending on the lesson. If its a soloing lesson i major key. You should go through the lesson to learn some licks etc BUT your final goal need to be - to improvise your own solo utilizing licks ideas you learned over the same backing track! Then you will feel a lot of satisfaction if you can accomplish that. Of course you should learn as many licks as you can - that will greatly improve your playing and improvising skills. Just make sure to take everything from the lesson - study backing and all the texts, scales used, licks, techniques. Every lesson is there to teach you something new!

On the other hand if you feel unmotivated to play guitar, just take a break for a day or two and watch some concert dvds. Then get back to rocking! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 26 2010, 01:46 AM
Gonna take a break for guitar for about a week .. to relax a little cool.gif
after that i'll set my goals and start to work on them! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Evilbazza
Nov 26 2010, 01:28 PM
If I find my motivation lacking just going to a local gig or open mic night soon gets me back into the swing of things. I fond just watching other people play and perform is a great motivator.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 26 2010, 02:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (stratman79 @ Nov 25 2010, 11:43 PM) *

that's really good advice....also create your own stuff, that's totally different from playing other people's material. With two notes, 2 chords you can start doing music, experiment with rhythm, timbre, dynamics, instruments,etc

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2010, 06:27 PM
Instructor
I would agree with Daniel, and recommend that you try to do some of your own songs. This will help you get motivated into music a bit more. Without creating something new, based on the things you learned, you can risk to loose interest in music.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:57 AM