Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao, (metal fans, have a look :P)
Robin
Apr 23 2007, 05:10 PM
GMC:er
I dont know if there are any fans of norwegian black metal here, I think the uncreator is atleast? tongue.gif
Anyway, I just recieved the new mayhem album in mail today. This is absolutely great! Its so great that not everyone goes totally "nu-metal sound", good that some still keep it old school(darkthrone, mayhem.. pretty much tongue.gif), Chimera had a kind of boring sound though, imo, but still a kickass and brutal album. I think attilas vocals are much better than on mysteriis dom sathanas. The sound of this album is soooo good, it couldnt be more perfect, I hear ALOT of people complain about the sound. I'm just SOOO happy that some bands still keep it real and old school.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=63523148
Uhm, you should be able to listen to a couple of the new songs on their myspace, doesnt seem to work atm though blink.gif

So, what does everyone else think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 23 2007, 06:46 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I boycot Mayhem!!! Because of their treatment of dead animals to give one reason. It's unethical. Spite the animals are dead they deserve some respect and shouldn't end up butchered and dismembered on stage.

I think they are really sick and shouldn't be given any attention what so ever.

When the singer commited suicide and they took photos for a future CD cover. Disrespectful!
And a then a band member was murdered by another hangaround bandmember, both from the same so called "satans sect". It's just a disgraceful bunch of people.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Apr 23 2007, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 23 2007, 07:55 PM
Sorry to hear that you see it that way. Oh and btw, no bands in norway are actually satanists, atleast none of the "popular" ones. Except Gorgoroth.

Cant remember seeing them use "Dead"(the vocalist that killed himself)on an album cover. The drummer in my band got that picture on a-shirt though.

And they arent actually insane, they seem like pretty normal guys, but on stage their something else, they say it themself. They play very extreme music so it need to be extreme on stage aswell smile.gif
The whole norwegian black metal scene is just a bunch of normal people that play the music they like. Too bad the media all over the world is so fucked up and just spread totally redicilous lies. VH1 had this little video on norwegian black metal. EVERYTHING in that video was 100% bullshit, I didnt know if I should laugh or cry, and they even intervued Anthrax, LOL wtf do they know? hahaha laugh.gif

And the animal stuff is just stuff they pick up from butchers, its not like they kill animals just for the show. Atleast that is what I have heard, dont see any reason to lie about that so I believe it tongue.gif

Anyway, Mayhem is in the top5 list of metal bands I listen to, love them. They actually started in 1983, released some demo in 1986 and a extremely good EP in 1987. They deserve alot of respect, they were the ones starting long long before everyone else with this kind of music. Hmm actually bathory was first I guess, but still.

Ah well, its all about opinions. Everyone cant have the same opinions smile.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: Apr 23 2007, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 23 2007, 11:38 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ill definetly check out the new album now!

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Apr 24 2007, 05:00 PM
Might be worth checking out, even though I haven't really liked the "new" mayhem stuff. Gonna give it a shot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 24 2007, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Apr 24 2007, 04:00 PM) *
Might be worth checking out, even though I haven't really liked the "new" mayhem stuff. Gonna give it a shot!

Oh dude, this is far from Chimera and all that. This is true old school stuff. Very unique and a special atmosphere.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Apr 24 2007, 10:13 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 24 2007, 09:21 PM) *
Oh dude, this is far from Chimera and all that. This is true old school stuff. Very unique and a special atmosphere.

Great biggrin.gif Definetly getting this album then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 24 2007, 11:32 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Mayhem is pretty badass, you shan't be let down

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:23 PM