> Older Cover Lessons
Kristofer Dahl
post Dec 14 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #1

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

About the older cover lessons (aka "famous song" lessons)

Today we have temporarily removed some of the oldest cover song lessons - the ones that used a so called "moving dot" on the video screen instead of a spoken video explanation.

I cannot tell for sure if they will be back up. The reason for this is that we are not 100% sure that our license covers this kind of graphical representation of the notes being played.

Ultimately I am to blame for this - as I was very eager to get our first cover lessons up and therefore rushed things a little.

On the good side: we have MANY more cover lessons planned (which, just as with new cover lessons, all have spoken videos so that you won't miss a note)

If the old lessons don't make it back to the site - you can be sure we will cover them again in the future. We might also redo them with the spoken videos instead of the "moving dot"

This affects the following lessons:

AC/DC: Back in Black
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication
Guns 'n Roses: Sweet Child O' Mine
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Snow
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give It Away
Jimi Hendrix: Little Wing
Ozzy Osborne: Crazy Train
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Otherside
Tribute To Michael Jackson - Part 1
Joe Satriani: Always with Me, Always
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Can't Stop Bass
Racer X: Viking Kong
Tribute To Michael Jackson Part 2
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Under The Bridge
Joe Satriani: Not of This Earth
Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Joe Satriani: The Forgotten Part 2
AC/DC: Highway to Hell
Metallica: Creeping Death
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Sweet Home Alabama
Linkin Park: One Step Closer
Kansas: Dust in the wind
Nirvana: In Bloom
Pantera: Cowboys From Hell
Iron Maiden: The Trooper
Nirvana: Come As You Are
Megadeth: Symphony of Destruction
Genesis: Horizons
Andy Timmons: Gone (intro)

edit:

Beatles: Blackbird
Pink Floyd: Is there anybody out there

My apologies for this. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jul 26 2011, 09:39 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
post Dec 14 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #2

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.996

I'm so sorry to hear this... So many good lessons will be removed sad.gif

This post has been edited by K1R: Dec 14 2010, 07:18 PM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Vaidya
post Dec 14 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 10.951

Damn! I was working on Always with me,Always with you sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
post Dec 14 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #4

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 6.091

If this was announced earlier I could have made some "preparations" for some lessons that were my favourite

I feel this as disrespecting me a a GMC-student......

I suppose we can't make a deal to put them on for a sort period

if not does any one of GMC have copies they want so share with me ...... be my guest.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Dec 14 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 6.623

I am suprised it took so long, to be honest. Good to see it was professionally admitted and dealt with smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Dec 14 2010, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
post Dec 14 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #6

Experienced Guitar Lord

Member No.: 5.185

I agree with playaxeman, this is yet another time that we aren't informed ahead about the coming changes. It qualifies for a refunding, that I don't get what I paid for in the first place. No wonder that with such "service" activity is dropping. Sorry to say this...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Dec 14 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #7

Learning Tone Master

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 14 2010, 10:53 PM) *
I agree with playaxeman, this is yet another time that we aren't informed ahead about the coming changes. It qualifies for a refunding, that I don't get what I paid for in the first place. No wonder that with such "service" activity is dropping. Sorry to say this...

Ah yes, I also agree about some refunding sounds resonable smile.gif
I know people sometimes register here for one lesson only...

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Dec 14 2010, 11:01 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Dec 14 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #8

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Once again my apologies for this sad.gif I never wanted this to happen, and certainly do understand that you think this is disrespectful. If someone just ripped away the stuff I was working on I would hate it!

We did this because there was no other way - it is very painful not only because some people are working on them, but also because some of the removed lesson were huge and the result of extremely hard work from our instructors.

I try to see it this way: We are covering some new ground with our site and if we don't dare test new stuff this will become a very static place. The price we pay for having found a working model for our cover lessons are these removed ones.

Having said this, I do not exclude the possibility of bringing back these lessons one way or the other. But at this stage I cannot tell exactly how...!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
post Dec 15 2010, 04:12 AM
Post #9

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 10.329

Damn, those were some pretty good lessons sad.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Dec 15 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #10

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.361

Guys, take a deep breath before you answer here! This used to be a great community, but lately I feel that there seems to be a wall between GMC staff and us students. It is good to criticize things, and usually the GMC staff will react in a positive way to that critizism (though I recently heard of one ex-member where that was not the case...shame on GMC for that!). Kris apologized for this inconvenience and he announced that the lessons will be up in the future. This will take some work and time, but it is better this way than letting the lessons stay on the site and risk some legal issues. Try to see things from Kris' perspective.
I think both students and staff have to get a bit closer together, like it was before. And what time would be better for that than Christmas? smile.gif
Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Dec 15 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #11

Learning Tone Master

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 15 2010, 08:30 AM) *
Guys, take a deep breath before you answer here! This used to be a great community, but lately I feel that there seems to be a wall between GMC staff and us students. It is good to criticize things, and usually the GMC staff will react in a positive way to that critizism (though I recently heard of one ex-member where that was not the case...shame on GMC for that!). Kris apologized for this inconvenience and he announced that the lessons will be up in the future. This will take some work and time, but it is better this way than letting the lessons stay on the site and risk some legal issues. Try to see things from Kris' perspective.
I think both students and staff have to get a bit closer together, like it was before. And what time would be better for that than Christmas? smile.gif
Christian

But imagine paying 30$ right before christmas to learn some specific lessons that gets reducted right after you sign up. There is also a business perspective. I agree on what you are saying, but I perfectly well also understands those who might feel "tricked". The majority of members does not post on the forum, and their ideas and problems are never shared.

But I am not subscribing, so perhaps I am not one to say.

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Dec 15 2010, 11:39 AM

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
post Dec 15 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #12

Flamenco Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 4.906

We must be careful with the copyrights, and with the things that are legal or not. So I think GMC dealers have here a logical position.
On the other hand, I´m sure several instructors (including myself) will record again these cover themes very soon.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
post Dec 16 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #13

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 11.180

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 15 2010, 08:30 AM) *
Christian

Well said!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Dec 25 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #14

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

I did 6-7 of these lessons that were being removed because of copyright, and all I can say that if this is the price you have to pay to keep the business running, let it be. Yes, GMC is responsible for publishing these lessons, but let's not forget that the copyright issues are the problem here, not "bad" decisions of management. Bad decision would be to let these lessons live, and what then? There is too much of a risk. There are hundreds, thousands of other lessons, I'm sure we can live without these 29 for a while, until they are redone.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 25 2010, 10:22 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 11:56 AM