quadrium
post May 3 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #241

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 11.399

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 3 2011, 05:09 PM) *
I'll take a look-see this evening after band-practice. I tried reading all of the posts in this thread to get up to speed on what's what but it's information overload.

My understanding to date is that you guys already created one song and created a facebook page that points at that song.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Quad...44298662?v=wall

Now you're working on the second song, what you attached here are the current version of the master project as it stands, and you're looking for a drum track and some more ideas on how to arrange the various riff ideas you've come up with into a song structure?

Thanks!
Chris

Exactly. We have finished the structure & recordings of our first song but we couldn't be able to make vocals because of the drum problems. Both Christian & Todd tried to made drums but they said there were some sync issues, so we have moved on the song 2.

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check my Soundcloud page from HERE

(Please Subscribe to) My Youtube Channel from HERE

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post May 3 2011, 06:30 PM
Post #242

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.312

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 3 2011, 10:13 AM) *
Exactly. We have finished the structure & recordings of our first song but we couldn't be able to make vocals because of the drum problems. Both Christian & Todd tried to made drums but they said there were some sync issues, so we have moved on the song 2.

Dogukan,

Can you post the project files for that song as well? I don't need any of the effects but if you have the midi file for the existing drums I might be able to work with it off the grid if that is the syncing issue you're referring to.

Chris

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 3 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #243

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 3 2011, 05:30 PM) *
Can you post the project files for that song as well? I don't need any of the effects but if you have the midi file for the existing drums I might be able to work with it off the grid if that is the syncing issue you're referring to.

Chris

Hey Chris,

I don't have the project file of that song at this computer right now. (This my gf's computer) If you ask Todd, he can send you smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 5 2011, 02:36 AM
Post #244

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Hey guys smile.gif I"ve put Song 1 and Song 2 up on my drop box account. (get one if you don't have one, it's a FREE 2 GIGABYTES of storage! Here is the link http://db.tt/wL1AQiC

Here is the link to download the zip for song 1. All tracks and project file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2761041/PROJECT_QU...onsolidated.zip

Here is the link to download the zip for song 2. All tracks and project file.

Enjoy!
Todd

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 3 2011, 12:30 PM) *

Chris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 5 2011, 06:32 AM
Post #245

Group Icon

I"m going to start a track with drums and call it Song 3. Hopefully all the tunes can move forward at once smile.gif

Here is a link to download the zip containing the reaper project and files. Starter files have fx baked in.

Here is a preview
Attached File  song3_Preview.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 80

Enjoy!
Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 5 2011, 07:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 6 2011, 01:41 AM
Post #246

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Great idea Todd. Loved it smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 8 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #247

Group Icon

Here is a track that I started working on as a Backing Track just for a Video Chat Lesson but I ended up with something pretty spiff so I thought we might use it in one of our tunes. The good news is, it already has drums and it's great to solo over. smile.gif

Key of A.

Attached File  56BackingTrack.mp3 ( 2.62MB ) Number of downloads: 90

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 8 2011, 03:09 AM
Post #248

Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 7 2011, 08:20 PM) *
Here is a track that I started working on as a Backing Track just for a Video Chat Lesson but I ended up with something pretty spiff so I thought we might use it in one of our tunes. The good news is, it already has drums and it's great to solo over. smile.gif

Key of A.

URGENT! : Also, just realized, we need to TURN ON THE METRONOME! In our reaper projects so that there is always a "Click Track" we can play to even if we don't have drums yet. Otherwise, the tempi are all over the place.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 8 2011, 03:19 AM
Post #249

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 8 2011, 01:20 AM) *

Key of A.

Wooow! It's awesome! We can make one hell of a song from that smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 8 2011, 02:09 AM) *
URGENT! : Also, just realized, we need to TURN ON THE METRONOME! In our reaper projects so that there is always a "Click Track" we can play to even if we don't have drums yet. Otherwise, the tempi are all over the place.

Agreed.

-I accidently deleted the drum tracks i have made for song 2 :@ So i have to start all over again sad.gif I hope Chris can save us smile.gif

Dogukan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TylerT
post May 8 2011, 07:15 AM
Post #250

Guitar Hero

Member No.: 2.856

Hey guys! Im tracking some drums for both songs now to help get the ball rolling, let me know what you think!

EDIT : Was this recorded to a click track??? Whats the BPM?

This post has been edited by TylerT: May 8 2011, 07:24 AM

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post May 8 2011, 07:50 AM
Post #251

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 7 2011, 07:19 PM) *
Wooow! It's awesome! We can make one hell of a song from that smile.gif

Agreed.

-I accidently deleted the drum tracks i have made for song 2 :@ So i have to start all over again sad.gif I hope Chris can save us smile.gif

Dogukan.

Okay - First of all, I get easily confused given the fact we don't have a central repository containing all the files. Just to make life easier,
I created a private project on Kompoz.com. I have a full membership there, so it's free for you to participate - just sign up fir a free account let me know what your profile name is and I'll send you an invite. Mine is SirJamsalot - you can send me a pm or reply to this thread.

I've uploaded a tempo file with a sync tone at the beginning. Please be sure to watch the two 5 minute videos on Sync-tones found here.
http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/...s.ktv.music?c=1

It will ensure that everyone is able to line up their contribution tracks accurately regardless of what DAW you use - REAPER, Cubase, whatever. It just helps keep everything in sync.

Chris

--------------------

+Quote Post
TylerT
post May 8 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #252

Guitar Hero

Here it is, nothing special I threw it together pretty quickly just wanted to see if you guys liked the sound / general feel i was going for
Attached File(s)
Attached File  quad.mp3 ( 5.04MB ) Number of downloads: 111

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 8 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #253

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 8 2011, 06:50 AM) *
Okay - First of all, I get easily confused given the fact we don't have a central repository containing all the files. Just to make life easier,
I created a private project on Kompoz.com. I have a full membership there, so it's free for you to participate - just sign up fir a free account let me know what your profile name is and I'll send you an invite. Mine is SirJamsalot - you can send me a pm or reply to this thread.

I've uploaded a tempo file with a sync tone at the beginning. Please be sure to watch the two 5 minute videos on Sync-tones found here.

It will ensure that everyone is able to line up their contribution tracks accurately regardless of what DAW you use - REAPER, Cubase, whatever. It just helps keep everything in sync.

Chris

I'm going to class now, i will open a account right away when i get back smile.gif

QUOTE (TylerT @ May 8 2011, 07:13 AM) *
Here it is, nothing special I threw it together pretty quickly just wanted to see if you guys liked the sound / general feel i was going for

Holy shit man. Loved it! After the drums are done we can finally make vocals and finish this song for good smile.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: May 8 2011, 08:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TylerT
post May 8 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #254

Guitar Hero

Awesome!

Let me know whenever you need any tracking for drums, guitar, bass , or keys done!

I can do some mixing and mastering as well if you need it!

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 8 2011, 04:48 PM
Post #255

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 5 2011, 01:36 AM) *
Hey guys smile.gif I"ve put Song 1 and Song 2 up on my drop box account. (get one if you don't have one, it's a FREE 2 GIGABYTES of storage! Here is the link http://db.tt/wL1AQiC

Here is the link to download the zip for song 1. All tracks and project file.

Here is the link to download the zip for song 2. All tracks and project file.

Enjoy!
Todd

Hey Todd. I saw that in song 2's project file there are some riffs we have recorded earlier with fx. I will remove them and upload the latest version i've created(April 29) with consolidated files. And one more thing, song 1's project file looks like shorter than the latest version of the song you have sent(3:30 minutes - currently on our facebook page). Do you have a longer version of the pf?

EDIT:

Here is the consolidated version of our song 2. We can work on the drums on this project file. One more thing guys, can you throw some riff ideas for the verse(currently on the 3rd and 6th tracks in the project file) i kinda don't like it anymore and i am stuck finding a new one.

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: May 8 2011, 04:49 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Song2consolidatedApril29.rar ( 10.42MB ) Number of downloads: 48

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 9 2011, 06:31 AM
Post #256

Group Icon

New Blood in the Quadrium Project. wink.gif I found TylerT here on our spiff site and was most impressed with the quality of his playing and his recording so I invited him to join us here in the group! If you guys find anyone you want to join us please do invite them. I'd love this project to be about our community of killer players!

Here is Tylers profile

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showuser=2856

and her is his SoundCloud profile with some examples of his work. Take particular note of the killer drum parts and leads.

http://soundcloud.com/tylerteeple

Welcome aboard Tyler!

Todd
--------------------------------

QUOTE (TylerT @ May 8 2011, 01:15 AM) *
Hey guys! Im tracking some drums for both songs now to help get the ball rolling, let me know what you think!

EDIT : Was this recorded to a click track??? Whats the BPM?

As you may have noticed, the tempo drifts. I recorded my bits at 120 and I think (not sure though) dokugan recorded some of his at 130. But these are just rough idea tracks and I honestly thought we would re-record everything once we had decided on an arrangement and laid down some drum tracks.

Re-recording isn't hard and we certainly still can and I suspect we might need to.

---------------------------------

Kompoz looks spiff smile.gif It's similar to something I"ve been using called indaba which is a similar idea and has a DAW that actually runs inside the web browser. Here is a link to check it out.

http://www.indabamusic.com/

Sync tones are a very good idea especially if you don't use zero starts on your tracks. When exporting tracks or "stems", if you export from Zero in the timeline, you will export silence in the head of the track (a guitar solo track for example will have silence until the solo starts) but it helps make sure the track will line up.

We have been using reaper so the sound files are referenced in the DAW making it hard for folks not using reaper to work with the files. So in the future, I'll make sure all tracks/stems exported have a sync tone or have a zero start and are marked accordingly. I didn't even think to do this at first for which I must apologize to Tyler and Sir Jamsalot.

-------------------------------------------

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 8 2011, 01:50 AM) *

Chris

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 8 2011, 10:48 AM) *
Hey Todd. I saw that in song 2's project file there are some riffs we have recorded earlier with fx. I will remove them and upload the latest version i've created(April 29) with consolidated files. And one more thing, song 1's project file looks like shorter than the latest version of the song you have sent(3:30 minutes - currently on our facebook page). Do you have a longer version of the pf?

EDIT:

Here is the consolidated version of our song 2. We can work on the drums on this project file. One more thing guys, can you throw some riff ideas for the verse(currently on the 3rd and 6th tracks in the project file) i kinda don't like it anymore and i am stuck finding a new one.

Dogukan,

I"ll check to see if I have a more recent version of Song 1. I think the longer version just repeated some of the parts so we can work with the version thats up and always just copy/paste to extend it. Thanks for having another go at song 2! Can't wait to hear.

QUOTE (TylerT @ May 8 2011, 02:13 AM) *

LOVED IT! JUST LOVED IT! I really dig how you varied the parts up to change the vibe. Very glad to have you on board smile.gif What are you using as your DAW BTW? Also, can you post just the drum track so I can put it in our REAPER mix? I will export all the STEMS of the SONG 1 REAPER MIX without any FX so that you do a Mix Pass as well if you are up for it smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 9 2011, 06:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post May 9 2011, 06:39 AM
Post #257

Learning Rock Star

Sync tones are a very good idea especially if you don't use zero starts on your tracks. When exporting tracks or "stems", if you export from Zero in the timeline, you will export silence in the head of the track (a guitar solo track for example will have silence until the solo starts) but it helps make sure the track will line up.

We have been using reaper so the sound files are referenced in the DAW making it hard for folks not using reaper to work with the files. So in the future, I'll make sure all tracks/stems exported have a sync tone or have a zero start and are marked accordingly. I didn't even think to do this at first for which I must apologize to Tyler and Sir Jamsalot.

I've used Indaba - but I don't have a premium account with them. When I first joined, they were mostly populated pop-electronic-hip hop artists which I am not. Kompoz offered much more in terms of genre compatibility. Also, unless you have a premium account, all projects are public, which means the world will be staring - which might be fine, but everything is under a commons license which means anyone take and alter your work for their own and not everyone understands what that means for them... so I created a private project to protect the fear-factor. You can always publish it afterwards. At one point I recommended Kris consider using either Indaba or Kompoz as a way to advertise GMC by publishing collaborations under the GMC flag - there's a niche to be had for new people to the site wanting to be led by the hand. But that aside ....

Keep in mind that the .mp3 compression process can do bit-adjustments, so if you don't have a sync-tone, when you export to .mp3, the process could eliminate or even add leading white-space / blank sound if you will, to aid in the compression process. I'm sure Tony M. could expound on this better than I, but I know it's a phenomenon worthy of taking into account when trading .mp3s as track files that have no leading sound such as sync-tone.

Cheers,
Chris

p.s. I have all the project files for project two, but because I don't have REAPER, all I can use are the .mp3 files to determine what if anything you have. You guys are talking like there's an arrangement, but all I can gather from the .mp3s is that you have two versions of a riff, and some ideas - can someone export an audio mix-down of project 2 so I can hear it in context of what you guys are talking about?

In any case, I've uploaded some files including a basic tempo and alternate drum track, all with leading sync-tones to a private Kompoz project. If you don't want to work within Kompoz, that's fine, but the offer is there - just sign up for a free account and p.m. me and I'll send you an invite to the project - you can upload/download, listen to tracks, comment, discuss, whatever. I'm footing the bill.

Chris

This post has been edited by SirJamsalot: May 9 2011, 06:46 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post May 9 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #258

Learning Rock Star

Kompoz Project is located here:
http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/...projectId=24497

it's a private project to keep the rest of Kompoz from adding files (it is a collaboration site after all smile.gif. What that means is that you'll need to join Kompoze.com (it's free) then send me a message either in this thread or on kompoz.com so I can invite you to the project. Then you'll be able upload/download/listen to tracks and discuss.

Todd is on and we'll be setting up the files there - it's a lot easier to manage all the tracks on that site.

Todd: kompoz.com/member/techwithtodd
SirJamsalot: kompoz.com/member/SirJamsalot

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 9 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #259

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 9 2011, 09:02 AM) *
Kompoz Project is located here:
http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/...projectId=24497

it's a private project to keep the rest of Kompoz from adding files (it is a collaboration site after all smile.gif. What that means is that you'll need to join Kompoze.com (it's free) then send me a message either in this thread or on kompoz.com so I can invite you to the project. Then you'll be able upload/download/listen to tracks and discuss.

Todd is on and we'll be setting up the files there - it's a lot easier to manage all the tracks on that site.

Todd: kompoz.com/member/techwithtodd
SirJamsalot: kompoz.com/member/SirJamsalot

I've joined Chris. My username is quadrium smile.gif

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 9 2011, 05:39 AM) *
p.s. I have all the project files for project two, but because I don't have REAPER, all I can use are the .mp3 files to determine what if anything you have. You guys are talking like there's an arrangement, but all I can gather from the .mp3s is that you have two versions of a riff, and some ideas - can someone export an audio mix-down of project 2 so I can hear it in context of what you guys are talking about?

Chris

Hey Chris,

Here is the mixdown smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post May 9 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #260

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 9 2011, 06:40 AM) *
I've joined Chris. My username is quadrium smile.gif

Hey Chris,

Here is the mixdown smile.gif

Dogukan,

Awesome! I sent you a Kompoz invite. I've uploaded this mix-down as a reference idea so everyone is on the same page.
Cheers,
Chris

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 09:49 AM