quadrium
post May 11 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #261

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 11.399

Hey guys,

Here is the project file of our song 2 with new verses. I also included the mp3's of the verse in the rar file. And i have uploaded the mixdown and the verse file to kompoz also.

Dogukan,

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Song2consolidatedMay11.rar ( 2.03MB ) Number of downloads: 40

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check my Soundcloud page from HERE

(Please Subscribe to) My Youtube Channel from HERE

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 11 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #262

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Great! Can't wait to hear it smile.gif Glad you have joined KOMPOZ as well! Should make our file workflow a lot smoother.

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 10 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Hey guys,

Here is the project file of our song 2 with new verses. I also included the mp3's of the verse in the rar file. And i have uploaded the mixdown and the verse file to kompoz also.

Dogukan,

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 11 2011, 09:11 PM
Post #263

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Hey guys,

Since our song 2's name is Ascension Paradox i have written some lyrics about it, includes 3 verses and a chorus. Hope you like it and feel free to give me ideas if you want to change it smile.gif Here it is:
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Ascension_Paradox.txt ( 736bytes ) Number of downloads: 61

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 12 2011, 01:46 AM
Post #264

Group Icon

I got 18 missing files when I opened this one so I couldn't see much. sad.gif I"ll check over in our KOMPOZ section.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 12 2011, 01:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 12 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #265

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 12 2011, 12:46 AM) *
I got 18 missing files when I opened this one so I couldn't see much. sad.gif I"ll check over in our KOMPOZ section.

Hey Todd take a look now, i've included all the files this time. You can also hear it from kompoz.(AscensionParadoxMixWithNewVerse file)

Dogukan,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 12 2011, 01:58 AM
Post #266

Group Icon

Great News! Jamsalot has created a CLICK TRACK for the entire ASCENSION SONG! Please download this and put it in the timeline for reference when recording/arranging.

http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/...projectId=24497

I have uploaded the original Drum Track Loop (sort of Funk/Rock) with and without fx to KOMPOZ. This can be dropped in at the head and should match up. It provides a great cotrast to the double bass part which I like as well.

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post May 12 2011, 02:43 AM
Post #267

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.312

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 11 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Great News! Jamsalot has created a CLICK TRACK for the entire ASCENSION SONG! Please download this and put it in the timeline for reference when recording/arranging.

I have uploaded the original Drum Track Loop (sort of Funk/Rock) with and without fx to KOMPOZ. This can be dropped in at the head and should match up. It provides a great cotrast to the double bass part which I like as well.

Todd

those links are to the Kompoz project, and the project is private so unless you are signed up to Kompoz and a member of the project (PM me with your Kompoz screen name to get access), you won't be able to get to those links.

Here are the direct links to the files themselves.

tempo track
http://s3.amazonaws.com/1K6M3Y5WPCNJ6M657A...0510-025747.mp3

drums at tempo
http://s3.amazonaws.com/1K6M3Y5WPCNJ6M657A...0511-194117.mp3

Cheers

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 12 2011, 02:49 AM
Post #268

Group Icon

Well said SirJamsalot. I"m hoping that our core group will all join KOMPOZ (it's free after all) so that we can more easily track/make progress. Then we can post our results here in the forums and get feedback from all of our GMC brethren.

Todd

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 11 2011, 08:43 PM) *
those links are to the Kompoz project, and the project is private so unless you are signed up to Kompoz and a member of the project (PM me with your Kompoz screen name to get access), you won't be able to get to those links.

Here are the direct links to the files themselves.

tempo track
http://s3.amazonaws.com/1K6M3Y5WPCNJ6M657A...0510-025747.mp3

drums at tempo
http://s3.amazonaws.com/1K6M3Y5WPCNJ6M657A...0511-194117.mp3

Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 13 2011, 02:41 AM
Post #269

Group Icon

Thanks Dokugan! I'll check it out. I saw the mix file on KOMPOZ as well. We are really gaining momentum! KEWL!

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 11 2011, 07:56 PM) *
Hey Todd take a look now, i've included all the files this time. You can also hear it from kompoz.(AscensionParadoxMixWithNewVerse file)

Dogukan,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 13 2011, 05:13 AM
Post #270

Group Icon

I wanted to see if you guys thought this riff would work in one of our tunes? I don't think it will fit in song 2, but maybe 3?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=522265

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Post #271

Group Icon

I wanted to see if you guys thought this riff would work in one of our tunes? I don't think it will fit in song 2, but maybe 3?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Post #272

Group Icon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 13 2011, 06:33 AM
Post #273

Group Icon

Finally! With Drums! smile.gif Here is a consolidated REAPER version with the drum track Chris has been working on. I re-tracked my guitar part on Tracks 4 and 5.

*I also doubled the BPM so we can have more precision when moving clips around in the timeline.

*AND I RECORDED MY RIFF WITH MY 7 STRING SO IT"S IN B!

DOKUGAN: GITARERRO: Shift your clips in the timeline to see if you can make them work. IF not, re record them on the same track they live on now. Just delete the clip on that track. Make sense? Also, when exporting UNCHECK the little checkbox that says "IGNORE SILENCE LONGER THAN 30 SECONDS" This way, it will export a full track/stem with silence this will make it much easier for those not using reaper! The tracks will all line up.

SIRJAMSALOT: Finally! This should work for you in cubase with minimal fuss! Each stem is full length and starts at 0. As we move forward, we can all just swap out a given stem/track. None of the guitar parts except for the track 4 and 5 that I just retracked, match up. But hopefully they will soon once the guys re track them.

Attached File  AscensionParadox_May13_FullStems_Drums.zip ( 26.33MB ) Number of downloads: 39

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 11 2011, 07:56 PM) *

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 13 2011, 06:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 13 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #274

Group Icon

Todd here smile.gif I've started another private project on KOMPOZ for Song 1! I really dig what Tyler did with the drums and I think song 1 is gonna be killer. Here is the link to the project. You will need to sign up for a free account if you don't have one.
http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/...projectId=24594

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 13 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #275

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 13 2011, 04:13 AM) *

We can definitely use this in one of our future songs Todd smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 13 2011, 05:33 AM) *
Finally! With Drums! smile.gif Here is a consolidated REAPER version with the drum track Chris has been working on. I re-tracked my guitar part on Tracks 4 and 5.

*I also doubled the BPM so we can have more precision when moving clips around in the timeline.

*AND I RECORDED MY RIFF WITH MY 7 STRING SO IT"S IN B!

DOKUGAN: GITARERRO: Shift your clips in the timeline to see if you can make them work. IF not, re record them on the same track they live on now. Just delete the clip on that track. Make sense? Also, when exporting UNCHECK the little checkbox that says "IGNORE SILENCE LONGER THAN 30 SECONDS" This way, it will export a full track/stem with silence this will make it much easier for those not using reaper! The tracks will all line up.

SIRJAMSALOT: Finally! This should work for you in cubase with minimal fuss! Each stem is full length and starts at 0. As we move forward, we can all just swap out a given stem/track. None of the guitar parts except for the track 4 and 5 that I just retracked, match up. But hopefully they will soon once the guys re track them.

Attached File  AscensionParadox_May13_FullStems_Drums.zip ( 26.33MB ) Number of downloads: 39

Great! I'm dowloading it now. The new verse riff i've recorded shouldn't be a problem. Because i have recorded it according to tempo track but i'll look anyway smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 13 2011, 10:41 AM) *
Todd here smile.gif I've started another private project on KOMPOZ for Song 1! I really dig what Tyler did with the drums and I think song 1 is gonna be killer. Here is the link to the project. You will need to sign up for a free account if you don't have one.
http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/...projectId=24594

Todd, can you send me the invite again? When i click the link i still see "The project is private".

EDIT:

One more thing i've noticed in the latest project file you have sent Todd. The old recordings (Tracks 6 and 7) of your riff are still in that project file so i am a bit confused smile.gif Anyway the structure is on the kompoz (AscensionParadoxMixWithNewVerse file) so we all know the order smile.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: May 13 2011, 03:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 14 2011, 01:45 AM
Post #276

Group Icon

I think I left the guitar emulation tracks in and muted and then rendered the fx to a new track. Is that what you are asking about? The tracks without the fx "baked in" should be muted. They are still available in case anybody wants to change the FX. Once the FX are baked in, the CPU load is greatly reduced and so is latency so I thought I'd start doing that on tracks that were to a certain point.

Then again, I could be completely misunderstanding. Let me know smile.gif

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 14 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #277

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Hey guys here is the new lyrics for our song 1. Hope you like it smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 14 2011, 12:45 AM) *
I think I left the guitar emulation tracks in and muted and then rendered the fx to a new track. Is that what you are asking about? The tracks without the fx "baked in" should be muted. They are still available in case anybody wants to change the FX. Once the FX are baked in, the CPU load is greatly reduced and so is latency so I thought I'd start doing that on tracks that were to a certain point.

Then again, I could be completely misunderstanding. Let me know smile.gif

Todd

I mean your new recordings should be replaced with the ones in tracks 6 & 7 so that we have the right song structure. And there used to be a chorus riff(your first ascension paradox riff) at your new recordings place. If you look at the latest project file i have sent(post #265) you will see what i mean smile.gif I have put markers defines which riff is used for verse/chorus/bridge smile.gif And one more thing i want to ask, i have used that riff many times as bridge in the song, not just once (before first chorus,between some verses,outro part etc.). Can you put the stems of that riff according to that? This way would be easier to Chris i think.

Dogukan,
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Temporal_Narcosis.txt ( 672bytes ) Number of downloads: 62

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 17 2011, 07:57 AM
Post #278

Group Icon

It might be simpler if you just arrange it the way you are talking about? You have all the riffs/recordings right? Can you put it together in reaper and zip it up? I'll download it and give it a listen.
QUOTE (quadrium @ May 14 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Hey guys here is the new lyrics for our song 1. Hope you like it smile.gif

I mean your new recordings should be replaced with the ones in tracks 6 & 7 so that we have the right song structure. And there used to be a chorus riff(your first ascension paradox riff) at your new recordings place. If you look at the latest project file i have sent(post #265) you will see what i mean smile.gif I have put markers defines which riff is used for verse/chorus/bridge smile.gif And one more thing i want to ask, i have used that riff many times as bridge in the song, not just once (before first chorus,between some verses,outro part etc.). Can you put the stems of that riff according to that? This way would be easier to Chris i think.

Dogukan,

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 18 2011, 04:02 AM
Post #279

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Hey guys,

Here is the new version of the lyrics for our song 2. I've changed some lines as The Uncreator suggested.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Ascension_Paradox.txt ( 704bytes ) Number of downloads: 49

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post May 21 2011, 02:23 PM
Post #280

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Hey guys,

Within the next 4-5 days i won't be able to online as i am now because of the finals. Hope you don't mind much smile.gif How are recordings going by the way? Do you need me for making the arrangement after you done with the rerecordings before vocals and final mix?

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: May 21 2011, 02:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2017 - 10:30 PM