post Jan 16 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #61

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.361

Hey guys,
here are the basslines!
A bit sloppy at times, recorded them in a hurry, but I think their okay for a start. BassRiff 1 is fpr ToddsRiff1 etc... smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
post Jan 16 2011, 02:55 AM
Post #62

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 11.399

Here is the song with bass lines added smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  project_quadrium2b.rar ( 3.97K ) Number of downloads: 63

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check my Soundcloud page from HERE

(Please Subscribe to) My Youtube Channel from HERE

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 16 2011, 09:28 AM
Post #63

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Some great progress smile.gif Now that we have the parts all fleshed out and arranged, I went ahead and re recorded the guitar parts. While I was at it, I listened to Christians bass line and got inspired to make a bass pass as well. I've started adding FX to each track. This is crucial and not complicated. Inside of REAPER on each track there is a greaen button that says FX. Click it and your effect menu comes up.

This is a good chance to start working with software effects. Take a look at the effects I"ve added to each track and mess with it a bit. Try to add new effects and improve the mix. Familiarize yourself with EQ, compression etc.

It's starting to come together smile.gif Download the project file and associated media and give it a whirl!

Here is the mixdown so far as an mp3. (doesn't do it justice but it's nice and small)

Attached File  project_quadrium2d_mix.mp3 ( 3.96MB ) Number of downloads: 108

And here is a link to the reaper file and new tracks in one zip file. It's getting to big to post. 68 Megabytes

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2761041/Quadrium_ReRecorded.zip

When you pull up the reaper file, notice that I"ve doubled some of the guitar tracks and panned them left and right. This makes the guitars sound bigger. I actually played each track twice instead of just copying the track and shifting it forward in time. That works too, but actually playing the track twice gives it a bit more life. Let me know what you guys think smile.gif I cant wait to hear your version of the mix! Then we have to start putting solos over it!

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post Jan 16 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #64

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Just one word:wow biggrin.gif i listened the mixdown you ve sent and its great. i ll download the files and take a look at mix as soon as possible.Great work Todd smile.gif And i think its time we put some vocals on it to see how it sounds. @mad take a listen man and if you download the project file you can see the verse,chorus parts etc.I am uploading the lyrics again(i wrote next to the lyrics that which one is verse/chorus so you can take a look at it)

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jan 16 2011, 02:12 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  pq_lyrics.txt ( 887bytes ) Number of downloads: 89

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Jan 16 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #65

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Awesome guys!
Glad I inspired you with my bassline, Todd! I still need a little practice wink.gif
So if it's okay I will throw a short solo idea in the ring tonight.
Can't wait to hear Mad's vocals on this track.
Then it's time to promote our music! Should we stick with the name "project quadrium", or just name our band "quadrium"? Or something completely different?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
mad
post Jan 17 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #66

Accomplished Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.900

hey mates!

just downloaded to the new mix - sounds really great! i'm going to let it sink in
and try to put some vocals over..
we're moving fast forward smile.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
post Jan 17 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #67

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

@mad don't forget to download and take a look at the project files that Todd sent smile.gif I assume you got Reaper to open them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Jan 17 2011, 01:04 AM
Post #68

Accomplished Rock Star

i have reaper, but never used it - using cubase normally
got todd's project and i'm able to open it (just one link to the drums was missing.. used the one i downloaded before).

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 17 2011, 01:24 AM
Post #69

Group Icon

Glad you guys liked the mix smile.gif This has been wads of fun so far. I"ve never used reader before this so it's also been a learning experience which is always good. I"m making sure not to use any plugins that don't come with REAPER so that the project files will work for everyone. The current project does ask for a drum.mp3 file which was part of the previous file list. The rest of the files are new so I thought I'd save some space by not making everyone download the same thing twice.

I can't wait to hear the solos, and vocals smile.gif Go nuts!

As for what to call it, that's a good question. I"m pretty flexible, what do you guys think? Quadrium is fine with me smile.gif But I"m up for whatever the group wants to do.

Promoting the project will also be a great learning experience. As Dokugan started the project, do you want to lead the charge on promo? Everyone can help of course. When starting a new band project, here are some basic things to do first to promote it once you have a band identity (name, logo, artwork, graphics, etc.) and some tunes.

1.)Create a Facebook "Fanpage" / "LikePage" just for the project.
2.)Create facebook profiles for members and link them to project page.
3.)Create a myspace page for the project
4.)Create a sonicbids.com electronic press kit for project.
5.)Create a twitter account for the project.
6.)Create a hootsuite.com account for the project (more on that below)

Keeping up with all this social media can be a pain. Here's the secret.

www. hootsuite.com

signup for a free account on this site, and you can update all your social media in one stroke. A given post can be distributed to all the social media sites you've created at once by loging in and posting through hootsuite.com once it's setup.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post Jan 17 2011, 01:52 AM
Post #70

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Great idea Todd i am thinking about the same thing for a while smile.gif Quadrium is fine with me too smile.gif Anyone interested about making our band logo, artwork, etc..? I am not good at those. After we done with this i can create our page.

Just created a facebook page check it out from here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Quad...44298662?v=wall
@Gitarreo @mad write down your full names so i can update the band members name status smile.gif

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jan 17 2011, 03:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Jan 17 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #71

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Woohoo, your quick Dogukan! I really like the logo! My full name is Christian Driever.
Can't wait to hear the vocals, and I already have some new ideas for another song smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 17 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #72

Group Icon

Well done wink.gif Thanks for creating the facebook page. Kris Dahl has "liked" it already! If you would, just use "Todd" for me instead of my full name. I just use "Todd" for music projects.

A logo would be a great idea. Does anyone have any ideas? If we are going to keep Quadrium, maybe some info on what led to creating that name? It would help inform the design.

P.S. The most recent version of the reaper file that I posted is a complete re-record of all the tracks, not just a remix. It's an important distinction. When I'm working up new tunes in my home studio, I'll usually follow the same path that we took.

1.)Record each riff quickly, played just once.
2.)Move the riffs around in my DAW (Digital Audio Workstaion software) to see what order sounds best.
3.)Re-record everything with a bit more attention to detail on sound and playing.
4.)Add fx to tracks and create a rough mix.

So what we've done is pretty much how I do it each time I right a new tune. There is more than one way to skin a cat as they say, but this approach works well for me.

The next steps, are to add vocals (if any are planned) and solos. Then finally to make a "master Mix" and then put the final output through the "Mastering" process. Then it's ready for release smile.gif I"m thrilled to see how quickly you guys picked up Reaper. It's a great package and is cross platform. Not to mention that the price is killer. I"m a big LOGIC fan but it doesn't play well with others so I'm starting to like REAPER more and more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
post Jan 18 2011, 04:09 AM
Post #73

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 17 2011, 08:22 PM) *
Well done wink.gif Thanks for creating the facebook page. Kris Dahl has "liked" it already! If you would, just use "Todd" for me instead of my full name. I just use "Todd" for music projects.

A logo would be a great idea. Does anyone have any ideas? If we are going to keep Quadrium, maybe some info on what led to creating that name? It would help inform the design.

Done wink.gif And about the name.Its coming from trivium.While i were reading an article about them i came up with that idea smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 20 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

Here is a riff I thought I'd toss in to the mix so see if we might want to add it to our next tune. Just an idea at this point. Attached File  toddriff.mp3 ( 358.08K ) Number of downloads: 94

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 22 2011, 01:51 AM
Post #75

Group Icon

Hey guys! Thread seems to be slowing down, hit me with updates! I hope you guys can make it to the SATURDAY VIDEO CHAT!

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Jan 22 2011, 09:15 AM
Post #76

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Hey guys, I'm back!
I was really busy the last few days with moving, since my new flat is finally ready for me to move in smile.gif Looks good so far, already got an internet connection, a bed, a chair and my guitar. What else do you need? wink.gif
I'll record some new riffs and solos for our first tune today.
Mad, how are the vocals coming along?
Todd, See you at the Midnight Metal Madness tonight!

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
post Jan 22 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #77

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Sorry guys.Been busy with the finals.I just wanna know if we all agree with the rough song structure.Here take a look if you forgot wink.gif (The recordings aren't the new ones.so its just for you to see the structure.) And I hope i can make it tonight. @Todd i loved the riff idea you ve sent by the way smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  project_quadrium2b.rar ( 3.97K ) Number of downloads: 67

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Jan 22 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #78

Accomplished Rock Star

Back, too!
Already did a vocal try few days ago.. sounded very crappy unsure.gif . I wrote a small intro - will finish that tonight and try to put some drums on it, too.
I'll take the new mix and give it another vocal try, too. btw: maybe the bass has way too much power in that mix - or is that intentional?
Todd: your new riff sounds FAT!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Jan 22 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #79

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Hey guys,
here is a new riff idea I had...this could be our first power ballad!
Just kidding...I tried to go the same way as Todd with his new riff.

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
post Jan 23 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #80

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

@Todd @Christian very cool ideas.Can you make a mix with that new ideas guys?I have to go to hospital for next 2-3 days.I have some examinations about some allergic reactions in my hand sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 01:30 PM