2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Modular Thinking, A possible way to group lessons?
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 28 2007, 04:16 PM
GMC Founder
Ok I think we are all on the same page here!

I think the badge idea is great - and I definately think it should be a no-obligation thing. (meaning it's completely optional)

Once we get more content I am sure we could piece together a complete 1st module, for instance one that covers "basic blues soloing" with both practcical and theoretical basics included.

We could then decide how the "jury" (for lack of a better word - I really don't want it to look like those horrible am idols contest jurys) would look and who would be in it. Presumably, it would consist of members who themselves have "passed the test".

Feel slike we are onto something! smile.gif

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 28 2007, 04:24 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 28 2007, 07:16 AM) *

I think the badge idea is a great idea - and I definately think it should be a no-obligation thing. (meaning it's completely optional)

Once we get more content I am sure we could peace together a complete 1st module, for instance one that covers "basic blues soloing" with both practcical and theoretical basics included.

We could then decide how the "jury" (for lack of a better word - I really don't want it to look like those horrible am idols contest jurys) would look and who would be in it. Presumably, it would consist of members who themselves have "passed the test".

Kris

Very Nice biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 28 2007, 05:44 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 28 2007, 11:16 AM) *

I think the badge idea is great - and I definately think it should be a no-obligation thing. (meaning it's completely optional)

Once we get more content I am sure we could piece together a complete 1st module, for instance one that covers "basic blues soloing" with both practcical and theoretical basics included.

Kris

Yes we can add something like "The only site with an optional peer reviewed user accredition program" to the list of amazing things that GMC has to offer, and the main page blurb - I like it a lot.

Also, from the theory side, its easier for me to write arbitary theory lessons than it is for our technique instructors to build a lesson around a style they haven't studied, so I am extremely happy to target theory lessons to get a particular module done, and take any input on what lessons we we need.

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Apr 28 2007, 05:45 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Tank
Apr 28 2007, 11:04 PM
GMC Veteran
Oh my god, I've started a monster!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mberning
Apr 29 2007, 02:55 AM
GMC:er
I'm brand new to guitar and think this would be great for people like me. Knowing 'what to do next' is a big obstacle to me. Of course I can always ask in this forum, but it would be lot quicker to browse the module.

This post has been edited by mberning: Apr 29 2007, 02:56 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:09 PM