2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ben Higgins Vid Chat Tuesday
Ben Higgins
Feb 28 2011, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow I shall be in that vid chat from 19:00 GMT.. I'll be going through some simple legato licks. So anyone who needs a little helping hand starting off with some more challenging fretting hand shapes, this will be for you smile.gif

And if you're good, the pink cup may make an appearance !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Feb 28 2011, 07:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Damn, I will be busy tomorrow. mellow.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 1 2011, 09:08 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
All hail the pink cup! I'll be there, see you tonight.

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 1 2011, 07:55 PM
Instructor
I'll be on in 10 mins ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 21 2011, 11:59 AM
Instructor
Hi Guys !

I will be doing another video chat session tomorrow (Tuesday 22nd March) from 19:00 GMT smile.gif

Following on from a request for some pentatonic based legato licks, we will be looking at these bad boys :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=517971

I've posted them early for you to get familiar with them before we get out the metronome and tear it up tomorrow ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 21 2011, 03:43 PM
GMC:er
Awesome, 7pm it is!

I'd definately echo Ben's suggestion that you go over those licks before the lesson - the shapes will be relatively awkward if you haven't seen 3 nps pentatonic licks before.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 21 2011, 08:02 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
oohhh....I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but luckily I have a chance to learn the licks anyway. Have fun guys!
Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 22 2011, 06:59 PM
Instructor
Just a reminder that me and the pink cup will be in the chat room looking at pentatonic legato licks in just over an hour's time: 19:00 GMT

Here are the licks we shall be practicing tonight https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=517971

Remember... 100 pushups (on your knuckles) for anyone who is late !

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 22 2011, 07:40 PM
Instructor
There's a little time clash today with vid chats but I shall be on when Christian is finished.. I might be around before then anyway to say hi ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 3 2011, 09:54 AM
Instructor
Hi Everybody... I shall be doing another vid chat on Tuesday 5th April from 19:00 GMT. I will be continuing the subject of legato but this time, there won't be lesson notes.. we're going to look at some of my own approaches and have a mess around with them smile.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 5 2011, 01:27 PM
GMC:er
Lookin' forward to tonight!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Apr 5 2011, 01:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 3 2011, 08:54 AM) *
Hi Everybody... I shall be doing another vid chat on Tuesday 5th April from 19:00 GMT. I will be continuing the subject of legato but this time, there won't be lesson notes.. we're going to look at some of my own approaches and have a mess around with them smile.gif

Is any daylight saving time accounted for here? Looking forward to this, too!

H4H

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 5 2011, 01:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Apr 5 2011, 01:39 PM) *
Is any daylight saving time accounted for here? Looking forward to this, too!

H4H

It should just be 20:00 for you in Sweden.. 1 hour ahead as usual I think smile.gif

http://www.worldtimezone.com/wtz008.php

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 5 2011, 05:56 PM
Instructor
Just a reminder that I'll be in the chat room in about 1 hour and 15mins... I hope you've had your Weetabix ! (just kidding) wink.gif

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Apr 5 2011, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I jumped into your chat for a few minutes during work. You were covering a bit about "pick a few notes, legato a few notes" style of playing fast. Can you please post a few quick tabs of things you were playing?

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
DenisN
Apr 6 2011, 08:15 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Apr 5 2011, 10:30 PM) *
I jumped into your chat for a few minutes during work. You were covering a bit about "pick a few notes, legato a few notes" style of playing fast. Can you please post a few quick tabs of things you were playing?

O Shut, I am currently working on your lessons Ben and I missed this sad.gif
Would be great if you could provide some tabs!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 6 2011, 09:36 AM
Instructor
Hi PurpleHayes and Denis... sure thing, it was basically this shape: V is the upstroke.. the rest of the notes are played legato. Triplet rhythm.

--10--------------------------10-------------------------------------
------13--12--10--12--13---------13--12--10--12--13---------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
V V V V

That is the most basic way of playing it and useful for playing at high speeds with minimum effort !
You can add more picked notes if you like.. this is 3 picked notes.

--10-------------------------10-------------------------------------
------13--12--10--12--13---------13--12--10--12--13---------------------
V V U V V U

Then the last variation was picking 4 notes:

--10-------------------------10-------------------------------------
------13--12--10--12--13---------13--12--10--12--13--------------------
V V U V V V U V

My advice with these licks was to find out which one you gravitate towards naturally and develop it into your playing. It's a good method of crossing the strings quickly without spedning more energy on alternate picking everything. I hope this helps ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Apr 6 2011, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Thanks for posting that. Like I said, I was at work and couldn't really crank up the volume and give it my full attention.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 25 2011, 04:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Dudes & Dudettes.. I shall be doing a video chat tomorrow (Tuesday 26th April) from 19:00 GMT onwards. We're going to be looking at another couple of cheeky legato licks. They use all 6 strings so I will post a link to the tab up here before then so you can have a chance to get familiar with them smile.gif

See you there !

Here is the link to the 2 licks we shall be practising ! https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=521095

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Apr 26 2011, 09:34 AM

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 25 2011, 06:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 25 2011, 08:50 AM) *
Hi Dudes & Dudettes.. I shall be doing a video chat tomorrow (Tuesday 26th April) from 19:00 GMT onwards. We're going to be looking at another couple of cheeky legato licks. They use all 6 strings so I will post a link to the tab up here before then so you can have a chance to get familiar with them smile.gif

See you there !

I just might be near a computer cool.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:38 AM