2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why A Guitar Quickly Detunes After Playing, All the possible reasons for the above
Anomaly
post Aug 17 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.694

QUOTE (Anomaly @ May 23 2007, 09:16 PM) *
Okay, so I went and see a guitar tech just in case if something was wrong because of the unparallel plate, but he looked at it and said it was fine. biggrin.gif

Thanks for all of the help again!

Okay, in case anyone will have this kind of problem (with the plate not being parallel..) in the future - an update:

The guitar tech didn't took off the back plate, so he didn't really inspect it. Then after awile I took it off and when I screwed one side counterclockwise I realized the plate wasn't moving (wasn't getting even more unparallel) - so that screw was so out of the hole with regards to the other, that it didn't have any affect anymore because the two screws are connected by the plate. So I just screwed it in. biggrin.gif

And after that the tuning wasn't problem anymore.

This post has been edited by Anomaly: Aug 18 2007, 08:13 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
post Aug 17 2007, 01:54 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 2.284

Seems to me that we have an up and rising guitar tech in our midst. Good find, Im sure it will come in handy sometime or another during our stay here at GMC

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
post Aug 17 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 2.331

Huh, i dunno, ive never had a problem tuning the Edge III on my RG350, it seems to stay in tune pretty well once its balanced, does your guitar have locking nuts up at the head? maybe thats why i dont have a problem...

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
post Aug 17 2007, 02:05 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1.897

ok, idk if some1 suggested this, but are you using the correct string size? Also my old guitar would detune Very fast, but only after tuning down to B E A D F# B

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Anomaly
post Aug 17 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1.694

QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Aug 17 2007, 02:54 AM) *
Seems to me that we have an up and rising guitar tech in our midst. Good find, Im sure it will come in handy sometime or another during our stay here at GMC

(blushes) biggrin.gif Thank you!

But I'm afraid of necks. I've never seen a bowed one live, only on pics.. smile.gif

QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Aug 17 2007, 03:00 AM) *
Huh, i dunno, ive never had a problem tuning the Edge III on my RG350, it seems to stay in tune pretty well once its balanced, does your guitar have locking nuts up at the head? maybe thats why i dont have a problem...

Yeah, so does mine (Edge Pro), except lately it's really strange.. in the other topic. Yes, I have a locking nut. When I started this topid I didn't know it had to be (that) parallel to the body.

QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Aug 17 2007, 03:05 AM) *
ok, idk if some1 suggested this, but are you using the correct string size? Also my old guitar would detune Very fast, but only after tuning down to B E A D F# B

You can use whichever string size you want as long as the guitar is set up right. The set up on mine when I first bought it was great, except it wasn't tuned in the store (almost no guitar is) and the bridge wasn't parallel enough to the body.

But if you change string gauges, then you have to readjust the neck and the intonation, and the springs in the back of course (maybe some other things also) - it's best to tahe it to a guitar tech if you plan to do this.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 12:59 AM