> Irish Folk, Anyone got a good ear?
Iscariott
post Apr 29 2007, 03:30 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.221

http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/sounds/pa...lamentation.mp3

I'd love to be able to play something like whats going on in this song, unfortunately there are no tabs i can find on the internet. Anyone got an ear good enough to figure out at least the key for me?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tank
post Apr 29 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #2

GMC Veteran
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 5

The song is in B minor. The chords are B minor, and A major, however, it moves into B major at the end of some lines (which is feature of some folk, and classical music). You probably won't find tab of it, but the guitarist is sticking pretty much to the chords, while using some scale work to add flavour. If you ever go to a trad Irish music session, you'll come across a lot of guitar accompaniment playing of this style. If you are interested in researching further Irish music, I can do you a list of required listening.

This post has been edited by Tank: Apr 29 2007, 12:19 PM

+Quote Post
Iscariott
post Apr 29 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.221

QUOTE (Tank @ Apr 29 2007, 07:08 AM) *
The song is in B minor. The chords are B minor, and A major, however, it moves into B major at the end of some lines (which is feature of some folk, and classical music). You probably won't find tab of it, but the guitarist is sticking pretty much to the chords, while using some scale work to add flavour. If you ever go to a trad Irish music session, you'll come across a lot of guitar accompaniment playing of this style. If you are interested in researching further Irish music, I can do you a list of required listening.

Thank you for your help. I've been to a few Irish music events with my family, and always loved the guitar style(present in some flogging molly's tunes even). I'd be happy to listen to any list you've got.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2017 - 03:24 AM