Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gsp1101 Tones
Brandon Earman
post Apr 11 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.632

I recently picked up a GSP1101. As I read in reviews, most of the preset tones are pretty bad sounding. I am trying to tweak them and get some good Marshall tones for Satriani, Slash, etc., but all my tones sound so gritty and I cannot find a good smooth distortion sound.

Does anyone have any tips or tone settings for the GSP1101 they don't mind sharing? Thanks. smile.gif

EDIT: I may not have the GSP1101 working right. Last night I opened up Amplitube Fender and ran some different speakers/cabinets while my GSP1101 was modeling a JCM900. I think it sounded a little better.

When I have my GSP X-edit open, I cannot change the cabinet model settings, or when I do, there is no differences in sounds at all. I think it says "Global Mode" or something. What I'm getting at is that my GSP may not be modeling a cabinet properly when I am just running it and nothing else. Couldn't this cause my distortions to be sounding gritty and bad? I cannot get a smooth overdriven/distorted sound no matter how hard I tweak the settings.

Ideas?

This post has been edited by Brandon Earman: Apr 12 2011, 01:21 PM

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
post Apr 12 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.632

I guess what it comes down to is the GSP 1101 is not intended to be run stand-alone for best results. It's made to be plugged into an amp. I will plug it into my Hot Rod Deluxe and see what kind of tones it produces.

Might should have bought Guitar Rig or something instead ohmy.gif

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 12:40 AM