Gsp1101 Tones
Brandon Earman
Apr 11 2011, 05:21 PM
Learning Roadie
I recently picked up a GSP1101. As I read in reviews, most of the preset tones are pretty bad sounding. I am trying to tweak them and get some good Marshall tones for Satriani, Slash, etc., but all my tones sound so gritty and I cannot find a good smooth distortion sound.

Does anyone have any tips or tone settings for the GSP1101 they don't mind sharing? Thanks. smile.gif

EDIT: I may not have the GSP1101 working right. Last night I opened up Amplitube Fender and ran some different speakers/cabinets while my GSP1101 was modeling a JCM900. I think it sounded a little better.

When I have my GSP X-edit open, I cannot change the cabinet model settings, or when I do, there is no differences in sounds at all. I think it says "Global Mode" or something. What I'm getting at is that my GSP may not be modeling a cabinet properly when I am just running it and nothing else. Couldn't this cause my distortions to be sounding gritty and bad? I cannot get a smooth overdriven/distorted sound no matter how hard I tweak the settings.

Ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Brandon Earman: Apr 12 2011, 01:21 PM

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Apr 12 2011, 08:14 PM
Learning Roadie
I guess what it comes down to is the GSP 1101 is not intended to be run stand-alone for best results. It's made to be plugged into an amp. I will plug it into my Hot Rod Deluxe and see what kind of tones it produces.

Might should have bought Guitar Rig or something instead ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:42 PM