Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could Use Some Help With A Line I'm Trying To Play
Charisma
post Apr 15 2011, 06:27 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 12.530

I've tried every fingering I can think of and every time I go to try to hit that 4th fret I either can't reach it fast enough or it feels like my wrist is going to break. Obviously it's pretty fast or this wouldn't be a problem. Maybe it's just above my level of ability, but it looks like such a simple thing on paper. I've practiced it till I hear it in my sleep.

Any advice... suggestions... tell me to come back to it in a year...? Going to paste it in and hope it formats ok. Thanks for any help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------6--------6----7----6--------------------6--------6----7----6----------
6----7--------7--------------------7----6----7--------7--------------------7----

----------6--------6----7----6--------------------6--------6----7----6----------
5----7--------7--------------------7----5----7--------7--------------------7----

4----7--------7--------------------7----4----7--------7--------------------7----

------7--------7--------------------7----------7--------7--------------------7----
5-----------------------------------------5-----------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Charisma
post Apr 15 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #2

GMC:er

Member No.: 12.530

Oh... I feel stupid, I was always trying to hold each part as a chord position. I just watched a video recorded live, and he just plays it, fingers free. Maybe I can get this figured out after all, I've got every other part now.

If anybody's interested, the video is here... it's Nuno Bettencourt. The specific part I was having trouble with is at 3:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7nlOEnuOfQ...feature=related

This post has been edited by Charisma: Apr 15 2011, 01:53 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Apr 15 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

charming smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Apr 16 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

This looks pretty good to me! Nice gig as well, never seen this Extreme live before smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 08:33 AM