Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forgetting Song 5 Min Before Guig
MonkeyDAthos
post May 1 2011, 05:30 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.477

This has happen to me alot in the pass 2 guigs i even forget blitzkrieg bop...then sometimes i try to to hard remember and it come out other ...just a complete fail.

any advice how to overcame this?

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post May 1 2011, 07:46 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Hey mate!

I've been there too many times myself biggrin.gif
Before hitting the stage alongside the orchestra, I had a lot of moments like these, but i realized that there simply is nothing to worry about - I've been rehearsing the songs so I know them.

I know it sounds a little tricky, but this is the way you actually go over the mental blockage. Another good hint would be to associate the sounds of particular parts in a song with positions and never try to think too much ahead - anticipation when playing is a good weapon but if you think too much about what's coming in the next 20 bars, you'll get the feeling of being overwhelmed.

Take everything gradually and think about things just as they're about to happen (1 bar mostly ahead).
In time, experience and heavy gigging will transform you into a pro, and you won't have to worry about these things too much.

Remember - it takes a lot of time before being able to expose more than 40% of your true potential on stage.

all the best!

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post May 1 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

Happened to me lots of times, I have a bad memory, and the stage freight can converge your thoughts too. Try to bring a reminder on a piece of paper, or tabs in your mobile phone, that can help you overcome the initial strike of panic or confusion.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post May 1 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

Yes, this is just pressure and nerves playing with your head. I'm like this when it comes to important conversations that I have to have ! ohmy.gif

The best advice I've read about playing live is something I've heard many people say.. do all of your practice diligently and do everything you need to do.. but when the time comes to get on stage, just let go of everything and the consequences and just let the music come out of you.

There's a time for thinking, which is during our practice. When we're in the music, there's no room for thought, just action.. the desicions have already been made before. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
post May 1 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #5

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.477

ty for the advice guys...really think my problem here is that i am givin' to much of though.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post May 8 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

Take it easy, it will be OK, happens to all! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 07:53 AM