Awesome Solo You Guys/gals Must Experience
Zedd
May 3 2007, 06:22 AM
GMC:er
So i was sitting outside on my break at work with my ipod and all of the sudden, like a jolt of lightning, this spectacular solo electrified my arm and neck hairs with awesomeness. Anyway, the track title is "Technical Difficulties" By Racer X or (Paul Gilbert). You'll know when the solo begins. Theres a nice build of anticipation before it breaks out. Oh also note the single note picking that quickly speeds up and throws the solo into another direction... Really cool.

Oh, and anyone else have a solo they recommend?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lurgen
May 3 2007, 06:36 AM
QUOTE (Zedd @ May 3 2007, 03:22 PM) *

I'm quite partial to the second solo in Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. Relatively simple, but very hard to play just right (imho).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post
spdalton
May 3 2007, 11:05 AM
The second solo in Ozzy/Randies Mr Crowley, blows me away every time.

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
Tank
May 3 2007, 03:12 PM
GMC Veteran
I've got a number of solos that have a profound effect on me.

1. The Eagles - Hotel California.
2. Led Zep - Since I've been loving you
3. Megadeth - Tornado of Souls
4. Marty Friedman - Angel (as played on his "Melodic Control" video)

The Hotel California came out the year I was born, and my aunt used to babysit me as a baby, whe used to play this song over and over as it would calm me down to sleep. Never new what it was called, until I was about 9, and I heard it on the radio, and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I still maintain that this is the most complete guitar based song ever written. It's practically flawless. Quite obviously a pastiche on Stairway to Heaven, but it wins hands down on every level.

Since I've been loving you for me, Jimmy Page at his best. I was first introduced to this as well when I was really young, and it spoiled a lot of other artists music for me, because they just weren't as good as this.

Tornado of Souls - The solo from this song is the crowning glory on a brilliant album "Rust In Peace". For me, Heavy Metal music peaked with this album, and it's never been the same since !!

Angel - The version from his "Melodic Control" video. This is just spectacular. If you wish to see just about every technique Marty uses, stitched into one solo, this is what you'd end up with. Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVdyHs_IX1I

+Quote Post
Jeff
May 3 2007, 03:52 PM
"Get the Funk Out" by Extreme has a great solo by Nuno.
"Push Comes to Shove" Van Halen - this one is not particularly fast but it's incredibly creative.
"News" Dire Straits - again, not fast, but very cool.
"Killer Queen" - Brian May, love the harmony and sound.

..and anything from Al DiMeola. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 3 2007, 04:36 PM
The Bass Solo in "Tidal" by john paul jones Blows me away

Heres a live versionTidal

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Bitey
May 3 2007, 05:46 PM
Pantera - Cowboys from Hell.
Steve Vai - For the Love God.
Deep Puprple - Smoke on the Water
Metallica - Blackened
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood

Those are just some I could think of off the top of my head that rock!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 3 2007, 05:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Zedd @ May 3 2007, 06:22 AM) *
So i was sitting outside on my break at work with my ipod and all of the sudden, like a jolt of lightning, this spectacular solo electrified my arm and neck hairs with awesomeness. Anyway, the track title is "Technical Difficulties" By Racer X or (Paul Gilbert). You'll know when the solo begins. Theres a nice build of anticipation before it breaks out. Oh also note the single note picking that quickly speeds up and throws the solo into another direction... Really cool.

hey Zed,
Im your man for Paul Gilbert biggrin.gif Technical Difficulties is my joint no1 guitar track , side by side with Paul's "Scarified"........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPGA3vjMLgE

Just PM me if you want anymore suggestions! cool.gif

edit*

You may want to check out the Technical difficulties video also, gotta love how god damn COOL Gilbert is in this video!! (love the trim on his guitar! haha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wv7Z0DpJRM

This post has been edited by mattacuk: May 3 2007, 05:56 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Animosity
May 3 2007, 08:58 PM
Everytime I hear Brian May's We Will Rock You solo, I get goosebumps. It's amazing.
Also Smoke On The Water, because it is easy to play. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 3 2007, 09:06 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
ANYTHING PAUL GILBERT DOES IS WORTH HEARING.

Thats actually been proven with science and mathemeatics.
Paul + Gilbert + Guitar + S + O + L + O = Magnificence / Superb / Godly

Anyway, another good solo would be htis one, one of the best Ever in my oppinion, Techincal and fast, yet Melodic with feeling. All Hail Muhammad Suicmez.....

Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge Solo Peformed By Muhammed Suicmez

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
May 3 2007, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 3 2007, 10:06 PM) *
Anyway, another good solo would be htis one, one of the best Ever in my oppinion, Techincal and fast, yet Melodic with feeling. All Hail Muhammad Suicmez.....

Indeed, he's godlike, or something like that at least.

Otherwise, it's really hard to Decide, but I gotta say:

Opeth - A Fair Judgement
Machinae Supremacy - Hero
The Crown - Burning Leather (It's a cover, but I don't know what band made the original song, but it rocks anyway, so incredibly intense and just awsome)

Any opeth solo would fit into my little list though, mikael åkerfeldt and peter lindgren are gods.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 3 2007, 10:28 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ive gone more than a bit Gilbert Bonkers in the past 6 months blink.gif Ive been buying up his DVD's and CD's, now saveing for his Signtaure Guitar biggrin.gif

Lets all watch Technical Difficulties again and bask in his technical glory laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
stratman33
May 3 2007, 11:27 PM
my favorite solo ever would have to be both of the bark at the moon solos.

Bark at the moon by Ozzy Osbourne

The first solo is my favorite-although the ending one is faster.Enjoy! biggrin.gif

P.S.--video is REALLY DUMB, but song is great

This post has been edited by stratman33: May 3 2007, 11:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zedd
May 4 2007, 04:43 AM
QUOTE (Tank @ May 3 2007, 03:12 PM) *
Angel - The version from his "Melodic Control" video. This is just spectacular. If you wish to see just about every technique Marty uses, stitched into one solo, this is what you'd end up with. Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVdyHs_IX1I

I checked out this video and YES, it is spectacular! Theres something about the melody he pulls off that suits my style perfectly. I could probably go into detail but that doesnt matter, its just an awesome solo. He seems to cover a lot of the fretboard and spends equal time on the highs and lows. really cool

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:09 PM