> Passing Notes!
Kristofer Dahl
post May 12 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #1

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Check out Daniel's new lesson: "Latin Influenced Solo", and then post a reply to today's topic.

Daniel talks about using passing notes to embellish the melody. Do you ever do this in your own playing? What are your favorite intervals?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post May 12 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 12 2011, 09:51 AM) *
Check out Daniel's new lesson: "Latin Influenced Solo", and then post a reply to today's topic.

Daniel talks about using passing notes to embellish the melody. Do you ever do this in your own playing? What are your favorite intervals?

From a bass playing perspective, passing notes are very important! Especially in walking bass lines where they help creating the tension-release feeling. One good exercise is to take a short guitar melody and then try to make as many different variations of it using passing notes and different embellishments. That can really help with understanding phrasing and improvisation.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 13 2011, 03:22 AM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

This is a seriously cool lesson. I'm routinely blow away by Daniel. The range of his playing is flat out impressive. Racerx/Carcass/Samba the man has no limits which is what makes him such a killer player. I"m glad Daniel is part of our team/community smile.gif

I agree with Bogdan that Passing Tones are very important for phrasing and soloing in general. Nestling the correct tone between the right notes can really make a passage shine.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017 - 04:47 AM