Improvising For Beginners
JoaoPereira
Jun 5 2011, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
Hello Ivan and G.M.C members.
I've been playing guitar for about 1 year now, but I didn't had a lot of time to practice (I played about 1 or 2 hours a week), but now I got some extra time and I'll be able to practice everyday, for about 2 or 3 hours.

So, I have a basic Mac Mini, a BOSS ME-25 multi-effects pedal, and a basic Shelter SG Detroit 300 guitar. And I would like to start improvising the blues.
Since I didn't had a lot of time, I can only play a few songs like Layla, Bad Love, Something, and a few basic solos (for example the Canon in D Blues Lesson by Ivan). Also, I am not a really fast metal player, I am a slow player, but I don't really think this will be a big problem, I just need some time to practice my speed and accuracy.
Although, if you asked me today to play an A major pentatonic scale, or improvise a simple Slow Blues in any scale, I wouldn't be able to play it.

So, where should I start to learn how to improvise the blues ? Which lessons would suit the best for me ? Can you guys send me the link of those lessons here at G.M.C for me please ?

Thanks a lot for the help!
See you guys later

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JoaoPereira: Jun 5 2011, 10:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 6 2011, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! smile.gif

It would be best to copy this topic to PRACTICE ROOM board on the forum, where more people will see it! smile.gif

I've sent recommendations for this right? Lazslo's bluesland series are very good for starting, and so is my pentatonic workshop series! smile.gif

Let me know if you have any questions! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:40 PM