K1R
post Jun 10 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #21

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.996

QUOTE (moleman @ Jun 10 2011, 11:17 AM) *
Have you guys seen Tom Yung Goong?
It is the second movie Tony Jaa (Ong Bak) made, and there is this mindblowing, vicious sequence at the end. For context, all of the bad guys killed Tony's elephant. Dude loves elephants.

Yeah. I love this movie and that bone breaking and muscle cutting stuff in this video smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 10 2011, 11:35 AM) *
Cool.. I will watch this clip ! smile.gif I don't know if any of you guys have heard of a film called 'Ip Man' ? It's based on the real life Ip Man, who was a well known Kung Fu Master, he taught Bruce Lee among others. It was on TV last night and I recorded it so will watch it at a later time. It's supposed to be really good smile.gif

My friends recommended me Ip Man. They liked it very much. I'm thinking about watching it too.

This post has been edited by K1R: Jun 10 2011, 09:42 AM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moleman
post Jun 10 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #22

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 12.899

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 10 2011, 08:35 AM) *
Cool.. I will watch this clip ! smile.gif I don't know if any of you guys have heard of a film called 'Ip Man' ? It's based on the real life Ip Man, who was a well known Kung Fu Master, he taught Bruce Lee among others. It was on TV last night and I recorded it so will watch it at a later time. It's supposed to be really good smile.gif

Yeh, I really liked Ip Man. Although I was a little bummed out to hear in real life he was apparently an opium addict.
I actually got Ip Man 2 the other day, which deals with him moving to Hong Kong and teaching one Mr Bruce Lee (among others). I will let you guys know how it is when I watch it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Jun 10 2011, 10:24 AM
Post #23

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

My mother is Hong Kong Chinese so I saw a lot of Cantonese martial arts films when I was younger. Some of my favourites were those that fused martial arts with horror like Mr Vampire. Here's another good one, Ghost Story though there's no martial arts in this clip.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
post Jun 10 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 7.694

Oh man, I forgot this one:

personal favorite

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Jun 11 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #25

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

Kung Fu Hustle is one of my favourites and a weird Samurai series called 'Baby cart'!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Jun 11 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jun 10 2011, 07:55 PM) *
Oh man, I forgot this one:

personal favorite

You're not going to believe me but I still haven't seen these films !!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 11 2011, 12:35 PM) *
Kung Fu Hustle is one of my favourites

I really want to see that ! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Jun 13 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (K1R @ Jun 10 2011, 09:38 AM) *
My friends recommended me Ip Man. They liked it very much. I'm thinking about watching it too.

Just watched Ip Man.. the fight scenes are some of the best I've seen (in my opinion of course) and they're really inspiring.. makes you want to be as butt kicking as he is ! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
post Jun 13 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 7.694

Matrix is a classic, and it's one of those films that you watch many times and every time you find more about it. Specially when you look at it from the spiritual point of view. But I'll that to you for when you watch it.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Jun 14 2011, 03:15 AM
Post #29

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 9.801

The Karate Kid. The phrase, "Wax on, wax off" was born from this movie. This is the conclusion of the movie. So epic. We watched the movie from Netflix.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moleman
post Jun 14 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #30

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 12.899

QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 14 2011, 02:15 AM) *
The Karate Kid. The phrase, "Wax on, wax off" was born from this movie. This is the conclusion of the movie. So epic. We watched the movie from Netflix.

Classic!

I don't know if there are any UFC or mixed martial arts fans here, but a guy called Lyoto Machida won a fight recently using the crane kick smile.gif
It was vs Randy Couture if you're interested.

I'm glad you like Ip man too Ben. You should definitely check out the first Matrix movie. It is a little dated now, but still cool. Kung fu hustle and Shaolin soccer are great too. All Stephen Chow movies I've seen are cool actually.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Jun 14 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #31

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (moleman @ Jun 14 2011, 09:10 AM) *
Classic!

I don't know if there are any UFC or mixed martial arts fans here, but a guy called Lyoto Machida won a fight recently using the crane kick smile.gif
It was vs Randy Couture if you're interested.

I'm glad you like Ip man too Ben. You should definitely check out the first Matrix movie. It is a little dated now, but still cool. Kung fu hustle and Shaolin soccer are great too. All Stephen Chow movies I've seen are cool actually.

I know Zen watches MMA so he may have seen it. I seen some footage of Steven Seagal ofering 'advice' to Machida based around performing a front kick to Couture when he charged at him.. I think this basic tactic would be something Machida was well aware of but I think it was more of a publicity stunt than anything. But I didn't know that the butterfly kick made an appearance ! laugh.gif

Yeah I will.. I'm quite lucky because I can approach the Matrix trilogy with fresh eyes but without having to wait until the next part comes out in the cinema !

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
post Jun 14 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #32

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 3.995

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 14 2011, 08:34 PM) *
I know Zen watches MMA so he may have seen it. I seen some footage of Steven Seagal ofering 'advice' to Machida based around performing a front kick to Couture when he charged at him.. I think this basic tactic would be something Machida was well aware of but I think it was more of a publicity stunt than anything. But I didn't know that the butterfly kick made an appearance ! laugh.gif

Yea, Love MMA. It's funny that this is mentioned. There are various aspects of different martial arts still to be incorporated in this game. Every art has somethin to offer and a whole lot of bullshit too. That front kick was great. I'm sure a lot of fighters will start training that.

I agree the steven segal thing has to be a stunt. But there are videos of him showing Anderson SIlva the same kick and some other crazy moves. Silva knocked out Belfort with the same sortta kick. I'm sure these guys were big steven seagal fans while growing up and are just star struck at the chance of spending time with their childhood idol. But Segal is a legitimate Aikido grandmaster. But Hollywood has injected somethin into him that I dont like.

What I do like is that this game continues to evolve and nothing is certain in any fight smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 08:14 PM