Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 60 Trillion
jstcrsn
post Jun 11 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.733

this is the amount the u.s. government has promised to spend, they don't consider it debt until they actually write the check
and this evens out to 534,000 per U.S.household
what I guess I am trying to say is,I won't be buying new guitars until I can pay my bill laugh.gif

it isn't really funny at all
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gary
post Jun 11 2011, 04:27 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4.438

Yeah it is really scary.. and when the Quantative Easing (QE2) ends at the end of this month we are going to see what effect all this debt truly has on the US economy. The Politician’s in the country have painted themselves into a corner by printing all this money in an effort to stimulate the economy. You can only devalue the dollar so much before very bad things begin to happen. The economy is not getting any better (getting worse actually) and its been propped up solely by stimulus, which is coming to end. This economic scenario has been likened to a child on a bicycle, with the training wheels being the QE stimulus. Once the training wheels are removed it’s likely to result in a major crash.
Gary

This post has been edited by Gary: Jun 14 2011, 06:18 AM

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
post Jun 11 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 5.185

Surely invading some more terroristic countries can yield some additional profits?

EDIT: sorry if it sounds rude, but as we all know it is one of the few ways USA is "making business" since decades. I'm afraid it will keep exchanging soldiers lives for "more valuable" stuff.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Jun 11 2011, 10:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Jun 11 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jun 11 2011, 10:07 AM) *
Surely invading some more terroristic countries can yield some additional profits?

EDIT: sorry if it sounds rude, but as we all know it is one of the few ways USA is "making business" since decades. I'm afraid it will keep exchanging soldiers lives for "more valuable" stuff.

I am sure glad russia never tried anything like that laugh.gif
and P.S. was suddam and bin-laden not worth it?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Jun 11 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 11 2011, 09:57 PM) *
I am sure glad russia never tried anything like that laugh.gif
and P.S. was suddam and bin-laden not worth it?

Guys, these arguments aren't so mature. Try looking at the bigger picture, we are all on the same planet, lots of bad things are going on, Suddam, Bin Laden and 60 trillion not being the worst. Think about this for a second.

Whole world's economy is in debt, and it has to crack somewhere. For now it's going downhill as I see, but making wars will not make it any better, only more people will die. sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
post Jun 11 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12.764

Yeah the debt of the US is getting worse and more outrageous. We have military all over the place now. But in the bigger picture with our economy I hate to see the troops away from their families but I try to see this as something more positive. Look at all the people that have been laid off and had to find new jobs. The military is a government job and well, they are still working which is great for the families and the kids that are still making ends meet and being able to go on with their daily lives. Who knows them kids might be like Heck Yeah! I'm proud of my parents and what they do let get some instruments and make some killer tunes! biggrin.gif

And I have to agree with Ivan, like they say make love not war, in the end we are all in this together. If only the UN could see how everyone on GMC gets along because we all have a similar goal and strive for it.

- Travis S.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez RG920QM (Black Ice) , Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez RG470XL (Black Perl) , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Kemper Profiling Amp , Mesa Mark 5:25

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
post Jun 14 2011, 02:39 AM
Post #7

Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star

Member No.: 4.521

But I thought Obama was going to bring "Change"! What a joke.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Jun 14 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 14 2011, 02:39 AM) *
But I thought Obama was going to bring "Change"! What a joke.

what do you mean , he has brought change
9% normal umemployment
and long term unemployment worse then the great depression
gas prices at record highs for months on end
and the best one -- our nobel peice prize winning president has fired more cruise missles then all other winners before him combined

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
post Jun 14 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #9

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 5.185

Rest assured than in a longer run most of democratic elected leaders will be worse than the current ones. We have more and more people who are not able to read with understanding and they will elect leaders accordingly to their limited capacities. Those leaders will surround themselves with "appropriate" people, always stupider than themselves as this is what fools do. Those people of course will do the same, and so gradually the whole system will be consisting more and more fools that in fact are unable to use their brains properly.
Thanks the gods we were born in those times, things will most probably be really messy in next few decades.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2017 - 01:42 PM