> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Brandon Earman: B Major Intermediate Solo
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Brandon Earman
Jun 23 2011, 12:54 AM
Learning Roadie
This is one of the first lessons I set my eyes on at GMC. When I joined I was nowhere near capable of playing it. I left it alone for a year or so and yesterday I picked it back up and couldn't believe how much easier the solo came. I still need to brush up on my AP run at the end. smile.gif

Original Lesson by Muris

'08 USA Strat
Guitar Rig 4
Logitech Pro 9000/Windows Live Movie Maker/REAPER

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 28 2011, 03:25 PM

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 23 2011, 08:26 AM
Instructor
hey Brandon!

from what I can hear, you should pay attention to the pitch when you're bending and timing in general - try to be more accurate all in all. You're on the right path though smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 23 2011, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Hey Brandon, as you've already pointed out, the alternate picking bit at the end needs work but in general your performance is good. You seem to be relaxing a lot more these days smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jun 23 2011, 03:24 PM
Instructor
Hi dude!

The tone is really good imo! I would focus on the bends for now, use your ears to get them perfectly in tune. You can sing these so your own body feels when you are in tune.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 23 2011, 06:52 PM
Instructor
Very nicely done! smile.gif I think there are problems with bends, but more importantly with overall precision of the take. It needs to be more precise, so trying to polish up the AP part first might be a good idea, the rest will come soon.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 25 2011, 07:04 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.5 on this one Brandon..Pass!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:31 PM