> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rock Solo Beginner
Rating
Rock Solo Beginner
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

manuh
Jul 7 2011, 08:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Original Lesson: Rock Solo - Beginner Lesson

Equipment:

*Epiphone Les Paul Custom
*Line 6 GX with GearBox

Thanks for comments smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 18 2011, 04:11 PM

--------------------
check out my new band: Trip To New York
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 8 2011, 09:12 AM
Instructor
Very good take, Manuh ! Some points you could work on: Try bending with your second finger instead and use your 1st finger to rest on the string in front of your bending finger. For an example of what this looks like, check out my Vibrato Odyssey 3 lesson to see how I do it. It will give more stability to your bends and more control. It's a good habit to get into rather than using your first finger.

Also, your vibrato is very fast and slight.. try spending some time focusing on vibrato and making it more measured, slower and controlled. Try experimienting with different ways of vibrato on different strings.

Timing and right hand synchronisation was excellent. You've got the makings of a real good player cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2011, 01:08 PM
Instructor
hey Manuh! aside from Ben's points which are very good, I would add that you should try to experiment with bending using a metronome as well. i know it sounds a little boring but, it's going to help you vibrate with the groove of whatever it is that you'll be practicing wink.gif

Also take care on the timing, you have some slips here and there on the more technically demanding parts - the solution is slow practice as well smile.gif

Keep up the good work mate!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2011, 11:17 PM
Instructor
Well played solo, good timing, and decent tone. What I would advise is that you focus on vibrato. You're kinda doing it in the right way, but it's too fast. Try to play it very slowly with the metronome to achieve full control.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2011, 02:00 AM
Instructor
Hey! I must say that this lesson is tricky for a beginner so you did a great job! There are some things to improve like the pitch of some of your bends and your vibrato (you should try to do it stronger). Your timing is very good excepting in the faster alternate picking licks (at 0:33) where you have a very little timing issue.

Edit: I forgot to say that your hammering sounds weak on the last lick. Work on that one!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 11 2011, 02:01 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 13 2011, 01:34 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
way to work on this one man, 7.5 on the take which is passing..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:13 AM