Your First Gig?, where was it, what did you play, how many people?
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 20 2011, 01:22 PM
Instructor
So guys, let's hear some experiences from your first gig? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 21 2011, 09:25 AM
Instructor
smile.gif my first actual gig happened when I was 17 years old, back in 2001 and I was performing with my first band ever, called Drops, at a party of a fellow highschool mate ... that was very fun indeed biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif too bad I don't have any pictures anymore sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 21 2011, 10:40 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I was 18 and played as a substitute for my father, who was at the Hospital back then. It was a wedding band and we played all kinds of stuff...from instrumental waltz to Lionel Richie to Tina Turner etc etc...We started at 5.30 in the afternoon and played (with breaks) until 4.30h in the morning wink.gif And I earned 600 Euros that night wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 21 2011, 03:21 PM
GMC:er
my first gig in a band....we had around 50-80 people huh.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 21 2011, 04:03 PM
Instructor
My first gig was when I was about 16.. we'd hired a village hall near and invited people from our school. I even drew up flyers for it which were slightly rude..

Anyway, we got about 100 or more people there I think.. not a lot of them liked the music and spent more time outside laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2011, 05:41 PM
Instructor
My first gig was at school when I was 14. We had many students seeing us. We played some songs from national bands and ended the show with Smell like teen spirits. It was an awesome experience!

My first professional gig was with my previous band "Damnation" when I was 17. It was is an important underground hall and I was very nervous! I played well but I remember that I was still like a statue. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jul 21 2011, 06:04 PM
Instructor
for me it was a stupid radio contest, there was a lot of people and we played very bad smile.gif
my band was called "rompecuerdas" that means string brakers in spanish biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Davidian
Jul 21 2011, 06:42 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
My first gig was with some friends in high school. It was 100-days-party (it's a party for all the last graders, because there's only 100 days of high school left) and there was a big show, made by all the last graders, for the rest of the school. Me and about 4 other people were asked to open the show with a good rock song everybody knows. And after some discussion, we decided to play Blink 182 - All The Small Things. So we opened the show and afterward, everyone said it was the best 100-days-show they've ever seen biggrin.gif
We played in front of about 400-500 people (the entire school + teachers)! Too bad a lot of them had to sit down sad.gif
But it was a nice experience biggrin.gif

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 23 2011, 12:44 AM
My first electrical:

Played solo with backing track, santana europa with some improvisation at my music school.
200 persons, went well

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 23 2011, 04:33 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 21 2011, 10:40 AM) *
I was 18 and played as a substitute for my father, who was at the Hospital back then. It was a wedding band and we played all kinds of stuff...from instrumental waltz to Lionel Richie to Tina Turner etc etc...We started at 5.30 in the afternoon and played (with breaks) until 4.30h in the morning wink.gif And I earned 600 Euros that night wink.gif

Your Earn o.o 600 euros, you mean all members got 600 euros? or the whole band?

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:40 AM