> Flying V!, Im getting one!
Rock
post Jun 5 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.285

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 11 2007, 08:14 PM) *
not to be officious. but, have you tried so for a long period of time? if you are like a lot of people here, you might be in that seat all night when in the mood. you make the call, and honestly, nothing wrong if you like it, and the comfort level is acceptable to you. I know my Firebird is not the easiest to hold sitting down, neck is heavy, body a bit wierd. Does not stop me, or make me complain. Hell, if you have to stand on your head to play a guitar, if that is acceptable to you, and you like it, certainly fine I think.

edit: heck, my favorite guitar will probably always be my les paul. I have a 58 custom shop reissue. Baseball bat neck. I have slim necks with fret access such as the Firebird. But I still like the 58 best, harder to play or not. You can do all the things that other guys do on this site, just just have to work harder and get a bit stronger. And if you ever do go back to an easier playing guitar, man it is so much easier. Doing that stuff on a Les Paul is like working out in the weight room. Same reason I believe in playing with pretty heavy strings. You can always go to light strings, and will be strong. But if you play with light strings all the time, on an easy playing guitar, you will never be strong. You may be fast, but never strong. Your bending and vibrato will suffer.

Officious - I just learned a new word today. Had to look it up. It means aggressively offensive. Good word dude!

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 11 2007, 08:14 PM) *
not to be officious. but, have you tried so for a long period of time? if you are like a lot of people here, you might be in that seat all night when in the mood. you make the call, and honestly, nothing wrong if you like it, and the comfort level is acceptable to you. I know my Firebird is not the easiest to hold sitting down, neck is heavy, body a bit wierd. Does not stop me, or make me complain. Hell, if you have to stand on your head to play a guitar, if that is acceptable to you, and you like it, certainly fine I think.

edit: heck, my favorite guitar will probably always be my les paul. I have a 58 custom shop reissue. Baseball bat neck. I have slim necks with fret access such as the Firebird. But I still like the 58 best, harder to play or not. You can do all the things that other guys do on this site, just just have to work harder and get a bit stronger. And if you ever do go back to an easier playing guitar, man it is so much easier. Doing that stuff on a Les Paul is like working out in the weight room. Same reason I believe in playing with pretty heavy strings. You can always go to light strings, and will be strong. But if you play with light strings all the time, on an easy playing guitar, you will never be strong. You may be fast, but never strong. Your bending and vibrato will suffer.

Officious - I just learned a new word today. Had to look it up. It means aggressively offensive. Good word dude!

QUOTE (Rock @ Jun 5 2007, 05:13 AM) *

Actually, the official definition is: objectionably aggressive in offering one's unrequested and unwanted services, help, or advice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jammer91
post Jun 8 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.041

I just ordered an epiphone 1967 flying V... its gonna arrive in a few days. Im only concerned if its easy to sit and play

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Jun 9 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #23

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.304

Regardless of what we've said, you can adjust to any body style, At first i didnt like the V, After about a month though, I loved it, i still do.

Either way, its all abouit personal preference.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Jun 11 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

I unfortunatly do not like the looks of this flying v. i would rather go with a jackson. the King V, Randy Rhodes is my favorite V, im thinking of getting one just for gigging. a great set up for this is to get a like jackson js30 + the king V. same fret board, the Js is for practice and then gig the V. but if you like the look of it, go for it. its a good price smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 03:38 PM