> A Minor Penta Triplet Exercise Nd Questions
gitarcitolga
post Aug 10 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Learning Chord Basher

Group: Members
Member No.: 9.473

[attachment=24355:A_minor_..._triplet.gp5]Hey guys,

It's been a long time that I havent been around. Here I am with two qustions for you. Well, I've got the idea of exercising 2 notes per string for pentatonic from Ben a while ago. Today I brought the idea to a triplet exercise which I insterted as a document (written on GP5). unfortunately Im not sure about 2 things;

1. Time signiture....what does it suppose to be? I put triplet with 8th notes on GP5 and it gives me the red (tab) color which I assume means time signiture is not correct.
2. Is my alternate picking correct? yesterday I've read in a book that players need to skip on H.O./P.O. & sliding techniques. I guess it means that for 5 3 5 P.O. 3 5 playing picking should be Down Up Down (P.O.) Down which basically means that counting the P.O as Up and continue with a Down.

note: the exercise continues up tll the 20th fret just following th regular pentatonic shape on first and second strings HORIZONTALLY.

This post has been edited by gitarcitolga: Aug 10 2011, 12:36 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  A_minor_penta_triplet.gp5 ( 1.7K ) Number of downloads: 96

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
post Aug 10 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #2

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 11.929

Hey.

1. Three 8th note triplets are played in the same amount of time as two 8th notes. If you want one group of three notes per "click", 4/4 would be the time signature to go for here - then each bar fits four groups of three 8th note triplets.
2. I'd say that the picking pattern you suggest is correct.

H4H

This post has been edited by HungryForHeaven: Aug 10 2011, 12:39 PM

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
post Aug 10 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Learning Chord Basher

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 10 2011, 11:38 AM) *
Hey.

1. Three 8th note triplets are played in the same amount of time as two 8th notes. If you want one group of three notes per "click", 4/4 would be the time signature to go for here - then each bar fits four groups of three 8th note triplets.
2. I'd say that the picking pattern you suggest is correct.

H4H

Hi, yeah 4 groups of 8th note triplets that's true. But why GP5 is all in red tab still when I write the measure as 4/4. And it leaves 4th note as a single 8th. I dont get it..

This post has been edited by gitarcitolga: Aug 10 2011, 12:54 PM

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
post Aug 10 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #4

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 11.929

Hmm, I'm not so used to working with Guitar Pro, but shouldn't there be a "refactor" option somewhere, that rearranges the bars after changing time signature?

Edit: Does "Tools->Bar Arranger..." work?

This post has been edited by HungryForHeaven: Aug 10 2011, 01:20 PM

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
post Aug 10 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Learning Chord Basher

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 10 2011, 12:11 PM) *
Hmm, I'm not so used to working with Guitar Pro, but shouldn't there be a "refactor" option somewhere, that rearranges the bars after changing time signature?

Edit: Does "Tools->Bar Arranger..." work?

Ahhaaa..worked..I had no idea of this feature. You saved my life because of this little tool man. Now I can write my own music. Damn I always thought it was my fu.in' brain saying myself u never will figure out time signitures and writing music. There we go, I made my first own excercise:))) Thanks!

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 06:59 PM