Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guess It's Time To Say...
Kaneda
post May 11 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #1

Other side of the coin

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.754

Hi smile.gif I'm always slow at finding my way to these introduction sections...

Just started out on the guitar - I've been playing (mainly classical) piano since I was 8 (I'm now 29), heavily "burdened" with training in music theory...

Started as lead singer in a rock band a couple of years ago - we do a bit of original songs, but mainly covers of everything from The Doors and The Eagles over The Police to Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Muse etc. etc. - pretty much anything we like. Hypermusic smile.gif Also play piano/keyboards when needed.

But having two guitar players in the band would be a great plus in a lot of the music we do. So I just began practicing it for real a few weeks ago - been wanting to do so since my teens. Hope to be able to make myself useful on that in a year or two (there's a long way to the playing ability of our guitarist). Plus it should give me something else to do while singing other than acting crazy wink.gif

So, now have a Montego Black American Deluxe Strat and a Cherry Gibson Standard SG in the corner of my living room. Yes, they're supposedly "overrated cliches", yes, I love them smile.gif

Favorite genres: Everything from classical (mainly romantic) music to metal, punk, jazz, blues - I listen to everything except rap and Danish oldies. Other interests than music: Waaaay too many to list - I'm a motorcycle nut, an NFL freak, study film and media studies, and work as a computer programmer (which means I spend no time on that in my free time).

I'll probably spend quite some time on the theory board - and post the occasional newbie question on the other boards. I'm very impressed with the quality of posts, and the atmosphere on this forum - hope to be able to add to that biggrin.gif

Also, I have a way of stuffing my (overly long) posts with smileys - can't help it, so bear with me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Oct 30 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #2

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

Welcome Kaneda, it's been a while cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Oct 31 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #3

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

Where have you been man? blink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
post Oct 31 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #4

GMC:er

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.062

Welcome Back man!! Where were you!? we missed you sad.gif biggrin.gif . Its good to have you back. smile.gif

EDIT:

hmm i dont understand, this post is from May 11.... so, ur really not back sad.gif ?

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Oct 31 2007, 01:06 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
botoxfox
post Oct 31 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #5

GMC:er

Member No.: 1.226

QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Oct 31 2007, 05:05 AM) *
EDIT:

hmm i dont understand, this post is from May 11.... so, ur really not back sad.gif ?

Ask MickeM...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
post Oct 31 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.484

Welcome Kaneda, it's so good that you love all kind of music wink.gif

Have fun

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 01:44 AM