Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Is It About The Guitar That Drawn U Guys Into It
guitargod
post May 12 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.485

dudes, just want u guys to share yr stories about why of all instruments,u guys choose the guitar? what was the reason that made u guys learn guitar n motivated u guys to continue learning? share your stories?

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post May 12 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #2

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (guitargod @ May 12 2007, 01:25 AM) *
dudes, just want u guys to share yr stories about why of all instruments,u guys choose the guitar? what was the reason that made u guys learn guitar n motivated u guys to continue learning? share your stories?

I can't even say - ever since I can remember - from the age of 5 or something, I was just fascinated by guitars ... my friend had one in his basement and I'd sit for hours trying to play something on it. My uncle had a Watkins Rapier and he'd play Buddy Holly songs on it whenever we went over there - I just loved it! At the age of 9, I finally managed to convince my parents I was serious and they bought me my first guitar, and I played it until my fingers bled, learnt all the chords from a book, and finally at the age of 10 I started getting real lessons at school ... from then on, I never stopped playing.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post May 12 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

U2's the "Edge" or real name David Evans inspired me to pick a guitar up. I always admired his innovation in playing and creating original sounding songs for the band. His music always about the feel of the song, rather than ripping up the fretboard in a crazy solo (which incidently I am now really into laugh.gif )

So I thought I would try and learn to play some U2 songs. Turned out that I really couldnt emulate his style and should really look at ALL styles of Guitar in order to progress and get my own style. Thanks to GMC I am now into all sorts of Guitar virtuoso's and on a good path smile.gif

Today I am inspired by many players, including a guy with a KFC bucket on his head, and another with outragous dress sense!!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post May 12 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #4

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.304

I Bought Iron Maidens "Brave New World" when i was 12, and was abosultely amazed by everything the guitars were doinf, riffs and solos and the whole nine yards, it just amazed me, and i wanted to write stuff like that.

Age 13, i got my first guitar, never looked back.

I startes playing seriously when i was 15 after i saw Steve Vai Live, i saw him play, and i just KNEW Then and there, Thats what i wanted to achieve.

+Quote Post
erik
post May 12 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #5

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 913

a friend taught me the main riff of smoke on water, and after that I got more and more addicted

This post has been edited by erik: May 12 2007, 03:58 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 07:56 PM