The Next Jimi Hendrix Will Be From By Home Town
rhoads
Sep 5 2011, 08:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi GMC !

Check out this kid from my town (Sibiu - Romania)! His name is Alex Petre. Watch the whole video. After the middle it is the best.

I already posted this in the REC thread by mistake. I apologize for that. I was in a hurry. So now I do it right and I will send a messaged to Mr. Skennington to delete it from there. Sorry again. Or if any of the instructors have that rights please to it to avoid any trouble.

He is 12 years old and he started playing guitar at 9.

Makes you drop everything and start gardening right ?

In the background, at the drums there is another kid. 12 years old also. And he is the same. He played some drums solos that that many drummers only dream about. Unfortunately i don't have any videos with him. He is also from Romania but from another town.
(Intorsura Buzaului I think)

There was a festival/contest here for discovering young talents. Imagine festival is called.

Please share this link with as many people as you can. He must be known.

I know it is painful for you all to see this smile.gif) but I have to share it. Please do the same smile.gif

All the best !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rhoads: Sep 5 2011, 08:39 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Sep 5 2011, 09:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
These kids that are phenomenal on guitar at such a young age usually never make it big, or develop an original style later on in life. Such children have been paraded in front of the public for as long as I can remember, and I really can't think of any that really made it big. I think it might be because they never develop a sense of humility; their whole life they receive nothing but praise and adulation. This probably gives them a false sense of entitlement, and I can imagine that they are unbearable to be around. Your career as a musician depends on your networking skills and your ability to make music that is appealing to many people. The vast majority of big acts can categorize their technical proficiency "mediocre" at best. At the end of the day, technical proficiency comes second to mass appeal.

Jimi Hendrix was actually an average guitarist for many years. Even many of his bandmates that were with him in Little Richards backing band said there really wasn't anything remarkable about his playing, other than his penchant for being flashy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Sep 5 2011, 10:12 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Sep 5 2011, 10:22 PM) *
These kids that are phenomenal on guitar at such a young age usually never make it big, or develop an original style later on in life.

I think Joe Bonamassa is an exception to this rule. smile.gif

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Sep 5 2011, 11:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Sep 5 2011, 05:12 PM) *
I think Joe Bonamassa is an exception to this rule. smile.gif

Its funny you say that, I was thinking of him, but I only found out that he was a child prodigy a few months ago. Indeed, he is an exception, but he seems like an unbearable ass to me tongue.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 6 2011, 09:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Sep 6 2011, 12:01 AM) *
Its funny you say that, I was thinking of him, but I only found out that he was a child prodigy a few months ago. Indeed, he is an exception, but he seems like an unbearable ass to me tongue.gif

Maybe it's because of his voice? smile.gif

These kids are great, they are surely rockin for their age. I've seen plenty of kids playing at that age, maybe not that good but still trying. They have a long way ahead, and it's great that they play so early. They have the chance to "grow together" and become one with the instrument.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 6 2011, 10:38 PM
Instructor
A kid is very good, what is important - he has a feeling!

(I've already commented on this post, but he has mysteriously disappeared ??!? blink.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:28 AM