> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8 Pass) Kalidia - Rock Solo - Beginner, Lesson By Trond Vold
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Kalidia
Sep 16 2011, 05:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Rock Solo - Beginner by Trond Vold

Hi there! This is my second video, thanks again for the precious suggestion you have made on my first one! This lesson was hard at first, i learn a lot and despite my take is not perfect i'm pretty satisfied because i have made progress in vibrato bending and timing. I've used iceman ibanez and pod pro. I choose neck pickup, maybe it's questionable choice but i like it in this take too much not to do this :) Greetings and thank you in advance, i'm finally learning fast with this program :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 18 2011, 11:34 AM
Instructor
Hi Kalidia.. this solo is a very popular choice ! I think I've graded this lesson in REC more than any other wink.gif

Well I think you've got the beginnings of a great vibrato, which I would like to see you nurture and improve smile.gif

Timing was good... although you cut some of the notes off a bit too quickly for me, like the descending run at 0:22.. it would sound even better if you added some slight vibrato to those notes as you go down.

Some of the notes in the original lesson are pre-bends, which mean that you bend the string up to pitch before you actually play it. This has a nice effect and is a really worthwhile technique to learn. An example is what Trond does at 0:20 cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2011, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! I guess Mr. Higgins summed it up very well as usual, so what I would like to add, is that bending and vibrato are two of the techniques which define the personality and uniqueness of each player, so treat them with the appropriate respect and you will gain a tremendous weapon of self expression smile.gif keep on doing the hard work!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2011, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Sounds very good. Very good vibrato technique, and good bending too. It looks like you are paying lot of attention to details on this one. Bare in mind that attention is important, but so is showmanship, you need to be relaxed when playing something like this, and put some feelings into it as well. Bending is cool, some were not precisely in pitch. In general you need a more secure take for the highest grade, because of the bending problems here and there and lack of attitude, I'll give it a 9.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 22 2011, 07:37 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:26 PM