> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Gitarrero - Rock Solo - Beginner, Lesson By Trond Vold
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 5 ] ** [83.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

Gitarrero
Sep 17 2011, 02:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Original lesson: Rock Solo - Beginner by Trond Vold

And another rec take...this is one of my favourite lessosn at GMC, today I picked it up again after a couple of months and just gave it a shot.
Cheers
Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 28 2011, 09:20 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 18 2011, 11:26 AM
Instructor
If I could give it a 7.5 I would because I really felt this was between a 7 and 8. Your timing and hand positioning are getting much better. Your bending is getting more confident too but there's also a few slightly out of pitch bends in this take so bending could do with some time spending on it.

Your muting is getting better too. There isn't so much unwanted string noise now as there used to be but it's still there so.. bending and muting are the 2 things I would take away from this to work on.

As you know, I'm always here to help you with those things smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2011, 05:03 PM
Instructor
Mate, I settled for 7 as well, as there is still work to do on correcting the pitch and adding roundness to your bends smile.gif I'm sure that after elaborating Ben's advice as well, you'll be able to come up with a take which shall be much better!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 18 2011, 10:37 PM
Instructor
I have to agree with guys that you bending is slightly weaker,but overall very good take !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2011, 02:36 AM
Instructor
Ben is right about the improvements in your playing! I think that your bends must some more work and as I said in a previous take your tone could be better. Work on the EQ and the quantity of drive.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 19 2011, 05:54 AM
GMC:er
First off WELL PLAYED! Horns High and big props. smile.gif I gave you an 8 for overall performance, not to mention that you RAWK. But, I have to agree with the guys that the bends could use some work and the muting maybe a bit as well. It's clear you know the piece and that in itself is impressive as Trond writes some crazy cool stuff. One thing I did notice, well a couple of bits. Pretty minor but worth a look.

1.)Magick Pinky: I notice you using the first two fingers on one of the final runs. I know those are the strongest and very tempting. But as we talked about in chat, the secret sauce is often the Magic Pinky! IF you can try any of the licks that are moving down on one string with the pinky or third finger it will give your hand a new approach and may work better smile.gif Have you been doing the "Pinky Bounce" workout? BTW? It will help tons!

2.)Guitar Position: You have your axe in a position that looks very RAWWWK and ROEWELL! But it's probably a bit lower than your sitting position. Either way, maybe up the strap a bit (not in to necklace land but higher) and see how that changes things for your hand. smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 19 2011, 05:56 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2011, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Played with a proper attitude and decent timing. The bends are a bit weaker on this one, so try to work more on those, and also vibrato. Other than that, I think you did a very fine take.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 22 2011, 07:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Close man, 7.1 on this attempt.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:08 AM