> Willjam Says Hello
WillJam
post Oct 27 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.061

Hello GMC!

My name is William, and I am a GMC member since 2007 (I think ...)
The first years I just watched the videos and learned very much, so I thought, this is enough!

The last years, it becomes more and more important, to understand the things behind my playing (and even the theory), and so I decided to pay attention to the forum. The reason, why I didnt wrote anything, is that I am still very doubtful (?) with my english.
I worked on a lot of collaborations (high risk, buckethead, summer...) and enjoyed the feedback.

Today I saw Kris new Idea, to catch some "incognito GMC:ers", and I thought: Come on, this could be a chance, to start your
forums carrer wink.gif
I had a lot of difficulties, to read, wrote or understand more difficult things, but I feel ready to douse in! (so I hope, you all could understand a littlke bit of "my" english wink.gif

Some short informations about me. I am 24 Years old, and I played guitar for 7/8 years (5 years with a teacher). I had a band, called "Scoville" (www.scoville-band.com) and for some days, I bought a new guitar "ESP eclipse CTM vintage Black" (see: http://www.ebay.de/itm/120792097370?ssPage...984.m1439.l2649 )

So, its your turn. What do you think about my band, about me, about my new guitar ? And where are these cool killer riffs biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

edited for language - tony on behalf of the moderating team

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Oct 28 2011, 08:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Oct 27 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #2

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (WillJam @ Oct 27 2011, 09:03 PM) *
Hello GMC!

My name is William, and I am a GMC member since 2007 (I think ...)
The first years I just watched the videos and learned very much, so I thought, this is enough!

The last years, it becomes more and more important, to understand the things behind my playing (and even the theory), and so I decided to pay attention to the forum. The reason, why I didnt wrote anything, is that I am still very doubtful (?) with my english.
I worked on a lot of collaborations (high risk, buckethead, summer...) and enjoyed the feedback.

Today I saw Kris new Idea, to catch some "incognito GMC:ers", and I thought: Come on, this could be a chance, to start your
forums carrer wink.gif
I had a lot of difficulties, to read, wrote or understand more difficult things, but I feel ready to douse in! (so I hope, you all could understand a littlke bit of "my" english wink.gif

Some short informations about me. I am 24 Years old, and I played guitar for 7/8 years (5 years with a teacher). I had a band, called "Scoville" (www.scoville-band.com) and for some days, I bought a new guitar "ESP eclipse CTM vintage Black" (see: http://www.ebay.de/itm/120792097370?ssPage...984.m1439.l2649 )

So, its your turn. What do you think about my band, about me, about my new guitar ? And where are these cool killer riffs biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hey man, great to see you in the forum! smile.gif
What are you talking about but your English is great!? I just took a listen of your band Scoville and man - you guys rock! I love that style of music and the 3 songs on the website were very catchy. Keep up the good work and I hope we'll be seeing you more often here in the forum from now on.

Cheers,
Bogdan

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Oct 28 2011, 08:55 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Oct 27 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

uuh, that's a cool looking guitar man, awesome smile.gif Welcome aboard WilliJam smile.gif Perhaps it is difficult for you to read/write in english, but I think your written english text looks very good (what's your online translator? biggrin.gif )

Your band is very nice too, I like the glasses of your drummer biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
post Oct 27 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 6.085

Hey Will, music is universal, that is what we all understand. You should attend to my video chat -to hear my English! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Oct 27 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.361

Welcome buddy!
Wenn du mal Übersetzungshilfe brauchst, melde dich wink.gif

Cheers

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 27 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

hey man! It's cool to find your introduction here!! I'm checking your band's website and I have to say that I'm impressed by your level. The site is very professional and the song that I'm hearing now rocks! smile.gif It should sound on every rock radio station!
Congrats and all the best!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
post Oct 28 2011, 04:50 AM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 7.730

hey man, welcome? to the forum biggrin.gif, 3 years without saying a word ohmy.gif, i just hope you enjoy my lessons hahaha.
you english seems fine, i did understand it very well, but if you wanna hear funny english drop by in one my chats, i'm every wednesday at 10pm GMT.

That ESP is SWEET man, i wanted one!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
WillJam
post Oct 28 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #8

Hey guys!

thank you very much, for your answers!

We produced our songs with Markus Gumball (guano apes (walk on a thin line), tamoto, ...) and payed a lot of money. Does anyone know him?
Unfortunally you can hear only the mixing version on our webside.
For some years, he told us, that he wants to produce a single and support us (tell his contacts of us, try to find a record label, ...)
But after buying the whole prize, and finishing the 3 songs, we didn't hear anything of him. I think is was just a business of him, selling a dream ...! We paied around 6500€, so it was a expensive dream wink.gif
But I am happy, that you love our music, thats the main point!

@ guitarrero: Danke, ich werde darauf zurückkommen! Haben wir uns nicht schonmal übers Forum geschrieben? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Oct 28 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

Hey Will, it was a pleasure to have you involved in my High Risk collab ! The Scoville tunes sound great... it's all too true what you say about the record industry people though. All the 'promises' are hollow unfortunately.

Your English is fine ! If you want to hear bad English, come to my chats.. and I'm even English !! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Oct 28 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #10

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Yay! We caught another incognito GMC:er =) You have been very wise to check out the collabs.

Your band is just the kind of punk/rock I like to listen to (when I am on that mood) - very pro songwriting and production, hats off to you! Awesome to have you here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
WillJam
post Oct 30 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #11

thank you very much!

@Ben: Hope it wasn't the last coop wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Oct 30 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #12

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (WillJam @ Oct 30 2011, 12:19 PM) *
thank you very much!

@Ben: Hope it wasn't the last coop wink.gif

Actually there is one running right now !! I don't think many people have noticed it !

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry550877

It's just an audio collab this time but you're welcome to get involved smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 31 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #13

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

I just checked out Scoville biggrin.gif awesome mate! I used to listen to this style of music a lot and I think it's very well done! I've heard about that guy! Sorry you had to go through that kind of bad experience sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2017 - 04:16 PM