> Symphony Of Science
Sinisa Cekic
post Nov 2 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 6.085

"Symphony of Science" is a music project, headed by John Boswell, which is designed to bring science to people in the form of music videos with famous scientists. Enjoy smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Nov 2 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #2

Learning Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.623

Melodysheep has been my favourite youtube channel for years, I love his work smile.gif

Or at least it feels like years tongue.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Nov 3 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.304

Interesting concept but I think it fails somewhat to capture any unique artistic talent, It would be fantastic if they had actual singers and songwriters writing lyrics related to science.

A ton of metal bands have done it, its nothing new, I even have a song that is strictly about the different layers of the sun - I just don't like the idea of vocoding a ton of BBC and Discovery channel documentaries, it just sucks away from the music for me.

Also, if it is designed to inform - I also think it falls a bit short on that, as the information in just one 3 minute song can only be so much.

I am probably being too critical, its definitely neat too watch and fun to listen to, I think I may be judging to strictly from a musical standpoint.

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Nov 3 2011, 12:37 AM
Post #4

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 6.623

It's just musical tributes to great men of science. This video is my favourite, although it's probably because It's the first I saw. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 6 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #5

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

I was going to mention this project, but I'll just bump this thread instead of starting a new. Really great and some catchy stuff in there. This song makes me want to jump out of my chair and dance around! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2017 - 07:08 PM