> Korn Vs Limp Biskit
Gabriel Leopardi
post Nov 18 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hey guys! Here we have another new metal duel... which is your choice?

Korn (often stylized as KoЯn) is an American nu metal band from Bakersfield, California, formed in 1993. The current band line up includes four members: Jonathan Davis, James "Munky" Shaffer, Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu, and Ray Luzier. The band was formed as an expansion of L.A.P.D.
The band released their first demo album, Neidermeyer's Mind, in 1993.[1] Their debut album, Korn was released in 1994, where they featured the same musicians that had performed on Neidermeyer's Mind. The band began recording Life Is Peachy in April 1996, and released it on October 15, 1996. Follow the Leader is recognized as Korn's mainstream breakthrough, peaking at number one on the Billboard 200 in 1998, along with the following album, Issues in 1999.[2] The band released Untouchables on June 11, 2002, and later released Take a Look in the Mirror on November 21, 2003. Their first compilation album, Greatest Hits Vol. 1, was released on October 5, 2004. See You on the Other Side was released on December 6, 2005, and Korn's untitled album was released nearly two years later on July 31, 2007. Korn III: Remember Who You Are, the band's ninth studio album, was released July 13, 2010 via Roadrunner Records.[3]

VS

Limp Bizkit is an American rock band from Jacksonville, Florida. Formed in 1995, the group's lineup consists of Fred Durst (lead vocals), Wes Borland (guitar), Sam Rivers (bass guitar), John Otto (drums) and DJ Lethal (turntables, keyboards). The band achieved mainstream success with their second studio album Significant Other, released in 1999. Limp Bizkit has been nominated for three Grammy Awards and has won several other major awards. The band has sold an estimated 50 million albums worldwide.[1]
Their third studio album Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water, released in 2000, continued the band's success. The album sold 1.05 million copies in its first week, making it the fastest-selling rock album ever, breaking the record held for 7 years by Pearl Jam's Vs.[2] Following the departure of Wes Borland in 2001, Mike Smith was brought in for the fourth studio album Results May Vary, released in 2003. Borland rejoined the band in 2005 for The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1), but departed again. He rejoined the band in February 2009. Limp Bizkit's sixth studio album Gold Cobra was released in June 2011.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Nov 18 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

Although I'm not a 'fan' I prefer Korn. I haven't heard that much of their material but when I was in Germany years ago, my friend had 'Take a Look in the Mirror' on his stereo and it played all the way through twice and I wasn't minding it at all cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Nov 18 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 18 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Although I'm not a 'fan' I prefer Korn. I haven't heard that much of their material but when I was in Germany years ago, my friend had 'Take a Look in the Mirror' on his stereo and it played all the way through twice and I wasn't minding it at all cool.gif

that's not the best album but it's a good one.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
post Nov 19 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 7.694

tough one, they are similar, but really different at the same time!

I like Limp Biskit more because they are "more fun" jumpy type of music....

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
post Nov 22 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #5

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.001

mmmmm I'd choose Korn 'cause I think they add more things to the genre, LB i can only stand "the chocolate starfish and the hot dog flawored water" album

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 10:09 PM