> Yesterday Ended Badly
Saoirse O'Shea
post Dec 6 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

My daughter has several cats but one Kiko was her favourite. She watched him being born just over 1 year ago and helped wean him. He was a very affectionate and friendly cat and some days would follow my daughter to school. He died last night, hit by some idiot speeding past our house on a quadbike. We found him literally minutes after he was hit. He was still conscious but with a broken back, pelvis and very bad internal bleeding; so bad I had to put him down in the road as he was suffering too much to even take him to the vet.

The guy on the quadbike came up just after I had done it and said, 'What's the problem, there are lots of other cats around' mad.gif. I very nearly hit him with the spade I had to bury Kiko. If I told you what I said to him I'd have to ban myself from GMC for a week.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
post Dec 6 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #2

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.312

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 6 2011, 07:42 AM) *
My daughter has several cats but one Kiko was her favourite. She watched him being born just over 1 year ago and helped wean him. He was a very affectionate and friendly cat and some days would follow my daughter to school. He died last night, hit by some idiot speeding past our house on a quadbike. We found him literally minutes after he was hit. He was still conscious but with a broken back, pelvis and very bad internal bleeding; so bad I had to put him down in the road as he was suffering too much to even take him to the vet.

The guy on the quadbike came up just after I had done it and said, 'What's the problem, there are lots of other cats around' mad.gif. I very nearly hit him with the spade I had to bury Kiko. If I told you what I said to him I'd have to ban myself from GMC for a week.

I share your anger and sadness just reading this. I'm sorry to hear that tony. Pets are family - it's a saddening.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Dec 6 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #3

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.361

So sorry to hear that. I think people who never had a pet can't understand that they are an important part of the family as well and can't be replaced just like that.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
post Dec 6 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 7.694

it´s weird, I was thinking about this just yesterday, we love a cat called fredo in our family and I think deep inside we are all afraid for the day when he passes away.

I´m sorry,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Dec 6 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 14.398

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 6 2011, 03:42 PM) *

I am so sorry to hear that I have a little chihuahua myself and always worried that some idiot will step on him or run him over!
I hope you are feeling better! I would totally punch the guy in his face and run him over on my car (Just kidding about the car) But it's very messed up!
R.I.P. Kiko!

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Dec 6 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #6

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9.801

Some people!
I'm sorry this happened.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Dec 6 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #7

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.338

Damn, sad story, some people are hopeless sad.gif

Sorry Tony!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Dec 6 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #8

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

I'm so sorry Tony. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 7 2011, 01:51 AM
Post #9

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Very sorry to hear this. It's not easy for a family to lose a beloved pet, much less for your daughter. And then to have the guy come up and mouth off? I don't know how you were able to restrain yourself, as I'd have been tempted to disembowel him on the spot. Either way I"m very sorry for your daughter in particular. To kill a childs pet and gloat is beyond the pale.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 6 2011, 10:42 AM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Dec 7 2011, 03:30 AM
Post #10

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.304

I cannot explain the violence that would have taken place, especially if it happened to my child! You showed amazing restraint, if I was you I would have force fed him old tapes from a vintage Hammond or something.

(Did hammond's use tapes?)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Dec 9 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #11

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.167

Deeply sad Tony - I would have felt the same if it happened to our dearly loved cat.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Dec 10 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #12

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 6.517

Sorry to hear that Tony.
If it was me he'd said that to he would be wearing the spade as a nose Ring!!!
wink.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
post Dec 10 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #13

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 7.730

hey man that sucks, pets are part of the family, i have a one year old myself, i share your family sadness man.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 06:08 PM