> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass 9.2) Breaking Down Drop A , Lesson By Cosmin Lupu
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 5

nawak
Dec 9 2011, 01:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Breaking Down Drop A by Cosmin Lupu

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 9 2011, 11:38 AM
Instructor
This sounds very good and tone is OK as well. Timing is also good, but you should be careful when riffing, as it needs to be really tight, and you should make those longer accented notes last as long as possible. Biggest problem here is the fact that your guitar is slightly out of tune. Probably due to dropped A, which is normal, but when recording something, always double check your tuning, and stretch the strings a bit so they don't go out of tune while you record. This will create proper interval strength on the powerchords and sound consonant.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 9 2011, 12:13 PM
Instructor
I would add to what Ivan said about keeping the notes longer, so you get the maximum sound out of them. I'm talking mainly about the riff from 0:09 - 0:11.

Also, you could make the palm muting a little chunkier on the opening and end riffs as well. Apart from that, I've nothing to add so very well played ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 9 2011, 12:16 PM
Instructor
My heart just filled with joy smile.gif really glad to see you took this one up (it's part of my favorite song written with my band Aria)
As Ivan said, the tone is good, but the playing needs to be much tighter! Also noticed you tweaked some stuff here and there smile.gif which is not bad at all, as all of us feel some things different smile.gif

I say tidy it up a bit and it can be flawless!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2011, 08:38 PM
Instructor
I have nothing to add to my mates comments here. I enjoyed your take. You are so near from a flawless take so adjust that detailes and you'll get surely a 10! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 14 2011, 11:06 PM
Instructor
I really like your take, a few days of practice and you shall come to perfection!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 15 2011, 06:16 PM
Instructor
In my opinion it was great! you can join a Djent band now! a 10 from me, great job!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 22 2011, 10:30 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9.2 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:49 PM