Golden Axe Theme !
Ben Higgins
Jan 1 2012, 08:09 PM
Instructor
Hey Guys, I've wanted to do a heavy version of the Death Adder Theme from Golden Axe for years but I've finally done it ! I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think of the drum sound, as I'm now using Superior Drummer 2.0 smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 1 2012, 09:23 PM
Instructor
I love it! I don't know the original, but this sounds great!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 2 2012, 09:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 1 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I love it! I don't know the original, but this sounds great!

Thank you Daniel... here's the original ! They really wrote some epic music back then biggrin.gif

I think you would love the game as well ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 2 2012, 12:03 PM
Instructor
Great playing Ben and excellent editing smile.gif ! As for the drums, hmm don't know, at some moments it sounds kind of plastic to me, or maybe just a matter of taste smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2012, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Great video Ben! Congrats! Nice playing and tone mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 2 2012, 05:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 2 2012, 11:03 AM) *
Great playing Ben and excellent editing smile.gif ! As for the drums, hmm don't know, at some moments it sounds kind of plastic to me, or maybe just a matter of taste smile.gif

Thanks Sinisa smile.gif Yes, I do understand what you're saying about the drums.. they do have a modern extreme metal quality to them wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2012, 09:21 PM
Instructor
Sounds very good man, I like your playing a lot here. Drums are OK, a bit sucky wink.gif

BTW Golden Axe is an awesome game, I enjoyed playing it very much when I was a kid smile.gif Wasn't there a version for arcades too?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 4 2012, 09:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 4 2012, 08:21 PM) *
Sounds very good man, I like your playing a lot here. Drums are OK, a bit sucky wink.gif

BTW Golden Axe is an awesome game, I enjoyed playing it very much when I was a kid smile.gif Wasn't there a version for arcades too?

Ah ok, you'll be pleased to hear I've been working on the drum sounds so you can expect to hear some improvement on my next project smile.gif

Yes, it was an arcade game as well I think... the good old days ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 30 2012, 09:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
AWESOME vid Ben!! How did I miss this one?! Anyway, just don't apply for a position in my NES band, EMULATOR, otherwise I'll be out of a job.... ohmy.gif

Have you ever seen our vid?

We're actually adding a second guitarist too, which should fill out the sound a bit.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Mar 30 2012, 09:40 PM
GMC:er
Awesome playing ben and derper!

I haven't had the honor of the real games on console, but remember playing some of the old school games on an emulator and in the arcades ages back.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Mar 30 2012, 09:42 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 30 2012, 09:42 PM
GMC:er
Pretty darn cool! I think it could be a new sub genre once some affectation is added! Metal Video Game Covers, Techno Video Game Covers, etc. Mashups galore!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 31 2012, 09:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 30 2012, 08:21 PM) *
AWESOME vid Ben!! How did I miss this one?! Anyway, just don't apply for a position in my NES band, EMULATOR, otherwise I'll be out of a job.... ohmy.gif

Have you ever seen our vid?

We're actually adding a second guitarist too, which should fill out the sound a bit.

Wow, you guys are great - that drumming on the last track is excellent !

I'm not that familiar with NES or SNES games although I recognised the Mario underground music smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 1 2012, 07:46 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Whoa, that takes me back... Golden Axe was one the best games on Genesis. Along with Ghost 'n Goblins... still have Genesis and Golden Axe but haven't played it in like a decade. Playing that game on "easy" was the way to go.

That is amazing how you arranged all of that. I think the drums totally fit this. Specially at the heavy riffing part around 1:00. Really reminds me of something Amon Amarth would play!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 1 2012, 09:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 1 2012, 06:46 AM) *
Whoa, that takes me back... Golden Axe was one the best games on Genesis. Along with Ghost 'n Goblins... still have Genesis and Golden Axe but haven't played it in like a decade. Playing that game on "easy" was the way to go.

That is amazing how you arranged all of that. I think the drums totally fit this. Specially at the heavy riffing part around 1:00. Really reminds me of something Amon Amarth would play!

Thanks man, glad you like it !

Yeah, you could run through the whole thing in about 20 mins ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:29 AM