Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi Guys (:
SimoBlkHole
post Jan 7 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.778

Hi GMC, I'm SimoBlkHole from Italy and it's a honour for me to be among these awesome guitarists/instructors.
I'm 16 and I've been playing guitar as a self-taught player for 4 years (I guess I'm a level 5).
I've also played piano for 8 years, but I gave up to start guitar, because I got a "degree" in music (I don't know how to say properly in english, I' ve attended 6 exams at the conservatory about theory, solfeggio and singing) and I can teach both piano and theory biggrin.gif
Anyway I've started to play guitar to try to play my favourite songs/bands: I love Melodic Death Metal, so I wanted to play Children Of Bodom and Arch Enemy, but it's still too difficult for me to learn those solos (yep I can do their riffs xD)... Then I play only Metallica, Guns n' Roses, Judas Priest, Ac/Dc... But it's not the stuff I really like, so I want to improve to manage to play what I want.
Anyway I also love Buckethead, Malmsteen and Satriani and I'd pay to have their tecniques.
I am a composer myself and I write some heavy/death metal songs but I don't have a band, even if I longed to, because it's really hard to find a drummer in my town ç.ç
I have a Epiphone SG and a 20 watt amp (not so good equipment, I know, I'm going to buy a Ibanez GRGA or GRX I don't know which one).
Ok that's all smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
post Jan 7 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 6.085

Nice intro and welcome to GMC man smile.gif !Be persistent and patient, practice hard and you will not have to pay for their technique wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Jan 7 2012, 09:59 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

Welcome aboard SimoBlkHole, nice to have you on the forum! smile.gif We are here to help you with your practice. Feel free to let us know what you have practiced so far, so we can give some recommendations. I like the music you listen, these bands rock. Don't worry about the drummer, you will find the band eventually in time, just keep on practicing smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 7 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Welcome to GMC! I"m Todd and I teach our Saturday Video Chat Lesson @ 10pm GMT. We are about to start so stop by! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (SimoBlkHole @ Jan 7 2012, 01:23 PM) *
Hi GMC, I'm SimoBlkHole from Italy and it's a honour for me to be among these awesome guitarists/instructors.
I'm 16 and I've been playing guitar as a self-taught player for 4 years (I guess I'm a level 5).
I've also played piano for 8 years, but I gave up to start guitar, because I got a "degree" in music (I don't know how to say properly in english, I' ve attended 6 exams at the conservatory about theory, solfeggio and singing) and I can teach both piano and theory biggrin.gif
Anyway I've started to play guitar to try to play my favourite songs/bands: I love Melodic Death Metal, so I wanted to play Children Of Bodom and Arch Enemy, but it's still too difficult for me to learn those solos (yep I can do their riffs xD)... Then I play only Metallica, Guns n' Roses, Judas Priest, Ac/Dc... But it's not the stuff I really like, so I want to improve to manage to play what I want.
Anyway I also love Buckethead, Malmsteen and Satriani and I'd pay to have their tecniques.
I am a composer myself and I write some heavy/death metal songs but I don't have a band, even if I longed to, because it's really hard to find a drummer in my town ç.ç
I have a Epiphone SG and a 20 watt amp (not so good equipment, I know, I'm going to buy a Ibanez GRGA or GRX I don't know which one).
Ok that's all smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 8 2012, 05:07 AM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi friend!! Welcome to the site! Your introduction shows that you have a great passion for music! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Jan 8 2012, 09:12 AM
Post #6

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.361

Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 8 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Welcome to GMC Mr. SimoBlkHole biggrin.gif I am Cosmin and alongside all this wonderful community, I shall help you in your quest smile.gif do not shy away from asking anything mate! Cheerios!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 10 2012, 05:53 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

SIMO! Welcome to GMC! I saw you in my Video Chat Lesson last Sat and wanted to welcome you to the GREATEST GUITAR SITE ON EAAARRRTTTHHHH! smile.gif

Seriously, GMC RAWKS.

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 09:59 PM