Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 16 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 16 2012, 05:29 AM) *
The one I have on the Paul Allender is a wee bit comfier than the one on the Custom 24 smile.gif another fact that bothers me a little with both necks from the Ibanez MMM and the PRS Custom 24 is the finish, which almost always causes some sort of irritation on my skin between my thumb and index finger (you know, that fold of skin which is almost always in touch with the guitar neck)

I've never had a similar problem but I never played too much time on a Custom 24, I just tried it some minutes and I found it sooo comfortable.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 17 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 16 2012, 09:54 PM) *
I've never had a similar problem but I never played too much time on a Custom 24, I just tried it some minutes and I found it sooo comfortable.

If you play it for a longer period of time, you can tell if it affects your skin or not. My skin is pretty sensitive sad.gif and i know that sounded pretty girlish laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
post Jan 19 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #23

Learning Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.316

I never actually knew too much about the different necks, so I just went out and played a ton of different guitars at Guitar Center when I wanted to replace my 97' American Standard Strat (maple neck). Overall, the strat just isn't "for me", and I gravitate towards more of a 335 tone. Anyway, no guitar I played seemed to really feel any better. Of course there were slight differences in the neck, but nothing gave me the feeling that I could play it any better, until....

I played a 97' parker Nitefly!! WHOA!!! The neck, and frets just felt AMAZING in my hands!! I had been practicing a ton for my Nintendo Coverband "EMULATOR" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtEByw1NwbY) on some pretty intense riffs, but when I played the parker (found on craigslist) I was immediately able to rip through those tough riffs effortlessly!! I guess when you find "the one", you'll know it!!! wink.gif

I wish I knew more of the specifics (http://www.pulseonline.com/parker/nitefly_manual.pdf) on the neck stats. The guy I bought it from is a guitar tech, and said that the neck is slightly thinner than my strat, giving it a much flatter fretboard surface. OF course, the carbon-glass composite wrap gives it killer sustain and playability. But I also love the shape and height of the hardened steel frets as well.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 16 2012, 03:34 AM) *
I tried lots of guitars and I think that the PRS neck is the perfect balance.

Though I may be a "Parker-man" for life, I am very curious to compare against a higher end, mid 90's PRS. Any of the modern PRS's I've played are garbage, but back in the mid 90's all they made were great guitars. I'm looking forward to playing a nice one, from my high school years!! I have a feeling I will fall in love with it.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2017 - 01:34 PM