Playing At The Beach...
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2012, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Hello guys!! How are you??
Today I'm having a show at the Beach with my band Cirse. The show will take in around 6 hours... and I'm a bit anxious about it because we rarely play in the beach (we did it twice I think...).
It's a very good way to be seen by new people that wouldn't go to specially to a concert but is just in the beach and casually hears your music. The main cons for me is that the guitars and equipment could be damaged because of sand.

I have two questions about this...

Have you ever played in the beach? (pros and cons?)
Have you ever discovered a band/musician that you liked playing in the beach?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 19 2012, 07:50 AM
Instructor
I've never done it before, but it sounds like a great experience,

Let's hope they set the stage properly and no technical problems arise, other than that, I don't think it's any different from an open air gig

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 19 2012, 10:29 AM
Instructor
It definitely sounds cool but unusual..

I'd quite like to do it but metal isn't really the kind of thing that would be well received by the general public wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 19 2012, 11:51 AM
Instructor
I had about 4-5 gigs on the beach and yes, sand had to be cleaned from my pedalboard but the feeling is awesome, UNLESS biggrin.gif you get to play late at night when it gets colder and the humidity will bother you incredibly..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2012, 04:54 PM
Instructor
The experience was great!! the day was beautiful and people really liked the show. smile.gif
We played many of our songs and two covers... "Sunday Morning" by No Doubt and "The kids aren't all right" by Offspring.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2012, 05:58 PM
Instructor
hey!! let me share this nice video of yesterday's show... this is very emotive because an old bass player friend called Marcelo Yakko could share stage with my band! He was the bass player of my first "professional" band called Damnation, we used to play power progressive metal.

check it out! he is an awesome bass player.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Jan 19 2012, 06:28 PM
GMC:er
very nice man! I am going to the beach tomorrow smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif and on saturday we are going to see to Bruno mars huh.gif huh.gif

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jan 19 2012, 02:28 PM) *
very nice man! I am going to the beach tomorrow smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif and on saturday we are going to see to Bruno mars huh.gif huh.gif

that's cool mate!! We won't go to that show... we were going to play there but finally we couldn't! it would have been so amazing to play in that big concert with Bruno Mars and Babasonicos...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 19 2012, 10:04 PM
Instructor
That is awesome smile.gif I don't think sand will be a problem, but it all depends how the stage is made. I played on the beach once, but it wasn't on the sea, it was on the lake (we don't have sea here tongue.gif biggrin.gif ) We even played once in the zoo (that made some animals scared huh.gif biggrin.gif )

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 19 2012, 10:42 PM
Instructor
I played many gigs on the beach, it's something special,every time!!And a word of warning: Never leave the equipment out over night by the sea, although it is safe: Morning iodine destroys mixer and speakers sad.gif !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 20 2012, 09:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 19 2012, 09:42 PM) *
I played many gigs on the beach, it's something special,every time!!And a word of warning: Never leave the equipment out over night by the sea, although it is safe: Morning iodine destroys mixer and speakers sad.gif !!

I once played at about 4 in the morning, during a festival in 2005 and my guitar was incredibly sticky laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2012, 05:49 PM
Instructor
Weird news.... I had a new gig yesterday at a rocker bar and my Mesa Boggie was working weird... it has much less gain so I had to set it in 10 to have the gain that I need... I changed cables and nothing was fixed... do you have any idea of what could happen??

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 21 2012, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 20 2012, 04:49 PM) *
Weird news.... I had a new gig yesterday at a rocker bar and my Mesa Boggie was working weird... it has much less gain so I had to set it in 10 to have the gain that I need... I changed cables and nothing was fixed... do you have any idea of what could happen??

I'm thinking it's the tubes most probably - when were they last replaced?

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 21 2012, 02:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 20 2012, 04:49 PM) *
do you have any idea of what could happen??

It could be a small amount of moisture has gotten into it. Leave it somewhere dry and warm to try to evaporate any retained moisture. You could also try putting one of those small 'Silica Gel' packs in the back to absorb anything too.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2012, 11:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 21 2012, 06:03 AM) *
I'm thinking it's the tubes most probably - when were they last replaced?

I've never replaced them in 2 years....

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 21 2012, 10:09 AM) *
It could be a small amount of moisture has gotten into it. Leave it somewhere dry and warm to try to evaporate any retained moisture. You could also try putting one of those small 'Silica Gel' packs in the back to absorb anything too.
smile.gif

thanks friend! this could be also possible... tomorrow I have the last show. Let's see what happens... mellow.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2012, 05:57 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I had the last gig yesterday and the amp worked perfectly! It's ever weirder... blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:58 AM