U2 "the Edge" Style Lesson, Look here all U2 fans!
Kristofer Dahl
May 28 2007, 07:29 PM
GMC Founder
U2 "The Edge" Style Lesson

europe: U2 "The Edge" Style Lesson

I am happy to present a second lesson from David O - this time we are going to learn how to do the classic U2 delay trick... Get your pedals out!! biggrin.gif

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 29 2007, 08:27 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 28 2007, 07:29 PM) *
U2 "The Edge" Style Lesson

europe: U2 "The Edge" Style Lesson

I am happy to present a second lesson from David O - this time we are going to learn how to do the classic U2 delay trick... Get your pedals out!! biggrin.gif

Kris

As GMC's no1 Edge/U2 fan, im thrilled!! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
CrashOops
May 29 2007, 09:16 PM
GMC:er
Damnit now I have to go buy a delay pedal tongue.gif

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 29 2007, 10:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (CrashOops @ May 29 2007, 09:16 PM) *
Damnit now I have to go buy a delay pedal tongue.gif

worth the investment, i use it for all styles smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
CrashOops
May 30 2007, 02:45 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ May 29 2007, 02:17 PM) *
worth the investment, i use it for all styles smile.gif

just checked out the local tom Lee's 130$ cad for a boss dd-3 delay pedal. I wonder how much I'll actually use it though. and wouldnt one with a digital display or something be better?

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 30 2007, 07:38 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Go get your delay pedals laugh.gif it's always useful. It's a must have, both Delay and EQ are.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 30 2007, 07:46 AM
GMC Founder
Yes I agree - it's also highly usefyl for soloing. I sometimes use a superfast, not very audible delay to fatten up the sound! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CrashOops
May 30 2007, 08:13 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 29 2007, 11:46 PM) *
Yes I agree - it's also highly usefyl for soloing. I sometimes use a superfast, not very audible delay to fatten up the sound! smile.gif

ugh now I gotta decide between buying something nice for the g/f or getting myself a couple more pedals. I'm in trouble now lol blink.gif

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 30 2007, 08:25 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 30 2007, 01:46 AM) *

you have to stop with all the new lessons and teachers!!!! I resubscribed for 6 months, figuring it was doable to get everything covered decently in that time. but if you keep loading more and more good stuff, I am never going to get out of here!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 30 2007, 07:45 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (CrashOops @ May 30 2007, 02:45 AM) *
just checked out the local tom Lee's 130$ cad for a boss dd-3 delay pedal. I wonder how much I'll actually use it though. and wouldnt one with a digital display or something be better?

Like Kris, and I think Pavel use it also, I have mine on when soloing. Infact, i use it in most situations these days. I have the BOSS DD-3 and its the best pedal ive bought to date.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CrashOops
May 31 2007, 02:44 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ May 30 2007, 11:45 AM) *
Like Kris, and I think Pavel use it also, I have mine on when soloing. Infact, i use it in most situations these days. I have the BOSS DD-3 and its the best pedal ive bought to date.

Thanks for the input. looks like That's the next lil toy I'll be getting. smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
Norven
May 31 2007, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ May 30 2007, 09:25 AM) *
you have to stop with all the new lessons and teachers!!!! I resubscribed for 6 months, figuring it was doable to get everything covered decently in that time. but if you keep loading more and more good stuff, I am never going to get out of here!

No, keep them coming:)

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 31 2007, 09:41 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fkalich @ May 30 2007, 09:25 AM) *

OK! I'll stop.

NOT! wink.gif

QUOTE (CrashOops @ May 30 2007, 09:13 AM) *
ugh now I gotta decide between buying something nice for the g/f or getting myself a couple more pedals. I'm in trouble now lol blink.gif

Tell your girlfriend you are getting jewels for your baby - she'll understand! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CrashOops
Jun 1 2007, 03:07 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 31 2007, 01:41 PM) *
OK! I'll stop.
NOT! wink.gif
Tell your girlfriend you are getting jewels for your baby - she'll understand! biggrin.gif

lol. can I quote you on that? tongue.gif

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 1 2007, 07:44 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (CrashOops @ Jun 1 2007, 04:07 AM) *
lol. can I quote you on that? tongue.gif

Sure! Just don't tell her where I live. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 1 2007, 08:04 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 1 2007, 01:44 PM) *
Sure! Just don't tell her where I live. wink.gif

lol

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
David OToole
Jun 2 2007, 01:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ May 30 2007, 08:45 PM) *

I'm on about my 4th DD3, some got lost on the way smile.gif! . It's a great pedal. I use it for many different sounds. A light, in the background delay for soloing, an in yer face Edge vibe of course, heavy delay mix, double twin stuff, and so on.

I've done a fair bit of covers-band work and a delay pedal is an absolute must-have to have in a covers-band. It's just as useful in an originals setup too.

I also find it very effective when it switched on and off during solo's, especially in a recording situation. In the studio the DD3 gives a professional sound and leaves many a rack on the shelf smile.gif.

If anyone's thinking of getting a delay pedal I would say go for a DD3. Don't worry about the lack of digital display, use your ear!

David rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:02 PM