> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Assignment 4: Blue Note Lick
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2012, 11:57 PM
Instructor
Good evening guys!

Here's the next lick biggrin.gif

This time, the lick makes an entrance in the riff used in the backing track starting on the second 8th note of the 2nd beat - if you count, the lick starts on the bold & sign:

1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & Check out the Example Track attached smile.gif

Scale: G blues

Tab:

S S S S S S S S S S S S Q
E||---------------------------------||
B||--------8-------6-------6s-8~----||
G||--5-6-7---5-6-7---5-6-7----------||
D||---------------------------------||
A||---------------------------------||
E||---------------------------------||

Chords: G5, F5 and F/E - nothing too fancy here biggrin.gif

Benefits:

- improve your understanding of timing when you'll be able to implement this little start lick
- develop your blues scale licks vocabulary
- improving hybrid picking technique

Assignments:

- record the lick as many times in a row as necessary over the provided backing track
- create variations by starting on a different beat or towards the ending - rhythmic variations could be very interesting, but in any case, don't shy away from trying anything with it. Check out the previous lick, where AK Rich developed nice versions of the provided lick! ->
Check at the bottom of the thread for Mr. Rich's creation

Deadline: February, 2nd

let's rip it! wink.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lick_4_Backing_Track.mp3 ( 2.44MB ) Number of downloads: 101
Attached File  Lick_4_Example.mp3 ( 314.69K ) Number of downloads: 143
Attached File  Blue_Note_Lick.gp5 ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 107

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 27 2012, 12:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
Loved the lick C-Maestro! I'd better start working on that biggrin.gif Think i am gonna improvise a little while recording it biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 27 2012, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 26 2012, 11:53 PM) *
Loved the lick C-Maestro! I'd better start working on that biggrin.gif Think i am gonna improvise a little while recording it biggrin.gif

Great Dogukan! biggrin.gif Looking forward to it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 1 2012, 10:02 AM
Instructor
How are thee faring with the takes guys? smile.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 1 2012, 08:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hello C-Maestro, here is my take smile.gif It's a bit short and sound quality is bad since i forgot to bring my sound interface with me sad.gif Hope you like it smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 2 2012, 08:07 AM
Instructor
Hey Dogukan!

out of what I can figure out (the backing track is barely audible - too bad you couldn't record with your usual tools sad.gif ) it sounds like you nailed it, although I would appreciate it if you could re-record in such a way that I could hear the backing better. It's important to figure out the way the notes you added are being implemented against the track. What say you mate? biggrin.gif

cheerios

Cosmin

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 2 2012, 03:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 2 2012, 07:07 AM) *
Hey Dogukan!

out of what I can figure out (the backing track is barely audible - too bad you couldn't record with your usual tools sad.gif ) it sounds like you nailed it, although I would appreciate it if you could re-record in such a way that I could hear the backing better. It's important to figure out the way the notes you added are being implemented against the track. What say you mate? biggrin.gif

cheerios

Cosmin

Sure thing! smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:27 AM