Use Some Volume Swells To Great Effect, cap. kirk douglas from the roots
ItSME3
Feb 1 2012, 03:33 PM
GMC:er
Captain Kirk Douglas from the house band for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, the "ROOTS". Saw them live once and was quite impressed. Here he shows some nice swell skills at about 1.03 (not really Yngwie material but still to some great effect).

http://youtu.be/cwLY5H5XStI

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2012, 03:57 PM
Instructor
He is a very good player!! I like his style! In the part that you said he is doing an Fx with the volume and delay.

It's similar to what Yngwie does in this video:

and Saraceno on the intro of this song..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 1 2012, 04:00 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Feb 1 2012, 04:48 PM
yes exactly. thats what I meant with"not really Yngwie". I tried to emulate Yngwies etude many times but to no great effect smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2012, 05:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ItSME3 @ Feb 1 2012, 12:48 PM) *
yes exactly. thats what I meant with"not really Yngwie". I tried to emulate Yngwies etude many times but to no great effect smile.gif

I love this effect and even more in the way that Blues Saraceno uses it. There are more songs where he does the same ideas.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 1 2012, 07:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ItSME3 @ Feb 1 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Captain Kirk Douglas from the house band for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, the "ROOTS". Saw them live once and was quite impressed. Here he shows some nice swell skills at about 1.03 (not really Yngwie material but still to some great effect).

http://youtu.be/cwLY5H5XStI

Wow man, that solo's so catchy! Especially the part that starts at 1:36! Thanks for sharing, great stuff smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 1 2012, 08:32 PM
Instructor
What a coincidence, today I had a class with one student, and he was just interested in this topic. I love that cello sound on a lower strings. Should bear in mind that there are pots crafted special for this technique - a pot that has an adjustable treble bleed so the volume changes but not the tone, opposite to standard pots !

--------------------

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Feb 2 2012, 10:35 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 1 2012, 05:50 PM) *
I love this effect and even more in the way that Blues Saraceno uses it. There are more songs where he does the same ideas.

you are right. Saraceno got this effect down and he uses it in a real tastefull way. great player anyway.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 5 2012, 01:43 PM
Instructor
Very nice sounding indeed! smile.gif And yes, you need some good quality pots to practice this (they wear down quickly if you do this all the time).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:47 AM