> Hi - I'm New !
waggers
post Feb 5 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.053

Hi everyone

I've been playing for years but never really got past being a chord strummer. I've played rhythm in a few bands over the years and enjoyed it but finally I've decided to really get to grips with the instrument.

I'm so glad I found this site. I've only been a member for a day but I've already found some great instruction and played more yesterday than I have for the last year !

Really looking forward to practising and improving my chops. Wish me luck !

Andy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dinaga
post Feb 5 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 13.558

Hey Andy and welcome! smile.gif Browsing GMC lessons is a great deal of fun and I'm sure you'll quickly (if you hadn't already) find a lesson you like to start with. smile.gif Good luck and don't forget to submit your takes in the REC board! wink.gif Cheers mate!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aven
post Feb 5 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14.977

Hey, welcome to gmc smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 5 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Welcome Andy smile.gif Get ready to rocket past being a chord strummer smile.gif With a bit of practice and some GMC osmosis, (just being around and involved you'll find your guitar makes it's way in to your hands mor often) you start improving and growing as a player. Jump in to the forums, collabs and Video Chats! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (waggers @ Feb 5 2012, 06:21 AM) *
Hi everyone

I've been playing for years but never really got past being a chord strummer. I've played rhythm in a few bands over the years and enjoyed it but finally I've decided to really get to grips with the instrument.

I'm so glad I found this site. I've only been a member for a day but I've already found some great instruction and played more yesterday than I have for the last year !

Andy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
post Feb 6 2012, 06:24 AM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 14.398

QUOTE (waggers @ Feb 5 2012, 11:21 AM) *
Hi everyone

Andy

Hi Andy! I am glad you found GMC! It's a great website and you can learn so much here! Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 6 2012, 06:51 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi Andy! Welcome to the site! smile.gif Here you will find lots of features to take your playing to a new level!
I would like to invite you to my Vchat sessions that take place every Friday at 19 hs (London time). In these sessions I'm giving a technique course and you can check the notes from the previous classes here: Intensive Technique Course

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 6 2012, 08:12 AM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Hi Andy! Great to know that you started exploring smile.gif I would be honored to have you as a guest on my video chat session hosted each Thursday at 8 PM London time. We shall be discussing modes, this Thursday being reserved for the Phrygian mode. Anyway, I am also hosting a workshop in which I post a new lick each week - various difficulty levels and styles, with detailed feedback and assignments wink.gif check it out here, if you'd like -> Cosmin's Licks Workshop

see you around the forums and never shy away from asking us anything you wish to know! smile.gif

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 01:47 PM