> New From Philippines
JTaylor
post Feb 8 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #21

Apprentice Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.530

QUOTE (am3s22i @ Feb 8 2012, 05:55 AM) *
Hi Jon, whoa 1989 was really long time ago, im still a child by that time tongue.gif you know any tagalog word? wink.gif

I probably won't spell these right but I will try.I'll also put the English definitions with them so you can see if I am right. Let's see: Kumusta? (How are you), Hinda ako nagsaslita ng Tagalog (I don't speak Tagalog).
That's about all I remember. Yeah, it was a long time ago (I'm 43) but I remember it like it was yesterday smile.gif. I actually remember the apartment I rented was at 100 Kessing Street. I was dating a girl who was from Leyte. I managed to get out of Olongapo and go out into the countryside and those are some of the prettiest areas I have ever seen. smile.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Feb 8 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (am3s22i @ Feb 8 2012, 05:55 AM) *
Hi Jon, whoa 1989 was really long time ago, im still a child by that time tongue.gif you know any tagalog word? wink.gif

Only thing I really know about the Philippines is that is where Kali (Escrima) comes from ! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 8 2012, 12:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
post Feb 8 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #23

Apprentice Roadie

Member No.: 14.530

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 8 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Only thing I really know about the Philippines is that is where Kali (Escrima) comes from ! smile.gif

Okay Ben, what is Kali? Oh, it's Escrima! Okay Ben, what is Escrima? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I was in Okinawa and the Philippines in 1989 (whoa Jon, that was a hundred years ago laugh.gif! ) and I don't recall hearing it. Is it a type of doughnut?

This post has been edited by JTaylor: Feb 8 2012, 12:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Feb 8 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (JTaylor @ Feb 8 2012, 11:28 AM) *
Okay Ben, what is Kali? Oh, it's Escrima! Okay Ben, what is Escrima? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I was in Okinawa and the Philippines in 1989 (whoa Jon, that was a hundred years ago laugh.gif! ) and I don't recall hearing it. Is it a type of doughnut?

Hehe.. well it's a martial art that originated in the Philippines and it uses sticks and knives. Whilst many martial arts are empty handed, the Philippines has always had a blade culture so their martial art reflects that by being a weapon based system. Very effective and painful ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
am3s22i
post Feb 9 2012, 03:13 AM
Post #25

GMC:er

Member No.: 15.030

QUOTE (JTaylor @ Feb 8 2012, 10:24 AM) *
I probably won't spell these right but I will try.I'll also put the English definitions with them so you can see if I am right. Let's see: Kumusta? (How are you), Hinda ako nagsaslita ng Tagalog (I don't speak Tagalog).
That's about all I remember. Yeah, it was a long time ago (I'm 43) but I remember it like it was yesterday smile.gif. I actually remember the apartment I rented was at 100 Kessing Street. I was dating a girl who was from Leyte. I managed to get out of Olongapo and go out into the countryside and those are some of the prettiest areas I have ever seen. smile.gif

you're memory is good man, that is all correct. how about "mahal kita ( i love you)" "mabuhay! (sort of welcome greet).. really nice sir, filipina's are one great lover.

--------------------
“The level of achievement that we have at anything, is a reflection, of how well, we were able to focus on it. Because the only thing that’s holding you back, is the way you’re thinking.”
– Steve Vai

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 05:55 PM