If You Had Only 1 Pedal?
Ryan
May 31 2007, 05:25 AM
GMC:er
What would that one pedal be???

and why??

sorry im looking to get a pedal for my first time biggrin.gif, and i was just tryin to get some input on peoples personal peferences and y they would choose them, so then i could think more about what I want!!! or soemthing lol

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 31 2007, 08:10 AM
Instructor
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory - you can get huge range of overdrive and distortion sounds with it so that's basically all i need in my playing! Adding some reverb from the amp can partially substitute the delay pedal and it still sounds great!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 31 2007, 08:50 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
A Delay or an Equalizer.
EQ to push the tone if you solo, not so useful if you only play at home.
A delay to add that effect, also for soloing and less useful if you only play at home.
At home I'd probably have most fun with a distortion pedal like the DF-7. Which is less useful in a band situation.

+Quote Post
Robin
May 31 2007, 09:12 AM
I only have one pedal. Boss MD-2 distortion pedal. I have Boss ME-50 aswell, this huge multieffect pedal, but I dont use it anymore. My dad also have alot of old pedals, wahwah and some weird octav thing. But I only use 1 distortion pedal, but I'm thinking of buying another. I remember I borrowed this pedal from a friend of my dad, it sort of "splittet" the strings making everything sound cleaner, specially chords. dont remember what it was called though. But yeah, distortion pedals is something you can use to pretty much everything, almost. Unless you already have an amp with it... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Matt
May 31 2007, 10:21 AM
Podxtl lol

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 31 2007, 11:51 AM
Yea i was mostly thinking of a distortion pedal tongue.gif, because the wahwah pedal whta i was gonna get first, i realized i couldnt use it all the tiecause sometimes it just is not needed, but distortion O YEA tongue.gif, what you guy recommend for a distortion pedal? the digitech?, or what?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 31 2007, 01:15 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Matt @ May 31 2007, 05:21 AM) *
Podxtl lol

Me too, but I know its cheating ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
dimeisgod
May 31 2007, 02:26 PM
i get a pretty awsome sound with a:

tech-21 gt2
you will have to buy a wah pedal and a delay and a chorus one day....

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 31 2007, 09:25 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 31 2007, 02:15 PM) *
Me too, but I know its cheating ...

OK, I admit I'm a cheater smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Jeff
May 31 2007, 09:38 PM
To me it would depend on what I already have built into the amp. If you have a good amp with good distortion then I would go for a digital delay. If you don't have a good overdrive/distortion then I would get the pedal that Pavel recommends. I don't own it, but I have heard it and it sounds good.

With all of the multi-effects built into pedals these days, you can get a lot of different things for your money in one pedal for a good price. Tough choice no? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 31 2007, 10:06 PM
lol yea tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 31 2007, 10:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 31 2007, 03:10 AM) *
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory - you can get huge range of overdrive and distortion sounds with it so that's basically all i need in my playing! Adding some reverb from the amp can partially substitute the delay pedal and it still sounds great!

+1 on that, i love that pedal alot!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 1 2007, 05:00 PM
sshouldnt this be in gear talk...
anyway i would probably have that $1200 digitech plank with everything on it

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 1 2007, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Hey - we are talking about 1 SINGLE pedal - not MULTI EFFECTS biggrin.gif

No cheating please hehehehe

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 1 2007, 06:06 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 1 2007, 12:09 PM) *
Hey - we are talking about 1 SINGLE pedal - not MULTI EFFECTS biggrin.gif

No cheating please hehehehe

That's hard then - can I assume I have an AMP with decent overdrive? In that case I'd go for some sort of delay I guess ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 1 2007, 07:35 PM
delay, hmm i keep on thinking about that, but i always come to a solution that it would be no good for me and would help out none, but then again idk how it sounds or nothing....is a delay pedal like reverb??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 3 2007, 10:52 PM
oh ok then, well, do we get a amp and guitar ? would be pointless if we dont wouldnt it lol, plug our finger into the pedal.
well, if we do. i would first get a guitar and have pickups with build on distortion, and im guess ur not allowed a amp with special effects, so just some tube amp with no effect tongue.gif and after all the all the pedal id need is probably just a dunlop wah pedal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:04 AM