> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
mad
post Sep 28 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #301

Accomplished Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.900

Right back from that workshop and it was really cool smile.gif Maybe I'm taking some private lessons from him, too as he's a great teacher for this style biggrin.gif

Now diving deeper into lydian things and into that lesson - and awaiting your vid biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 28 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #302

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 27 2013, 08:59 PM) *
I have a hard time to play this:
[attachment=33701:lydian.png]

playing those notes with my pinky on these adjacent strings sounds like I'm a total guitar newbie biggrin.gif
Any tips how to practice it properly? Maybe I'm doing something wrong huh.gif

Hey Marc - here ya go:

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 27 2013, 02:29 PM) *
Thanks biggrin.gif
I'll keep up the hard work and will try to explore and put some time into it.. but yes, it would be cool to have some direction and your videos are always very helpful, can't wait to see and learn from it smile.gif

Muris' lesson is absolutely what I need not only to learn something lydianish but to develope my articulation, so I'm thrilled to get to it!
As this is a level 2 lesson I think all instructors are judging quite hard, maybe we could discuss it here before I post it to the REC section.. this must be a 10! biggrin.gif

Tomorrow I'll visit a guitar workshop with this guy here:

I'm thrilled about this, too smile.gif

Here ya go buddy biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Sep 28 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #303

Accomplished Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 28 2013, 07:10 PM) *
Hey Marc - here ya go:

Ha - at first I played it exactly like you biggrin.gif but then I saw the suggested fingering for this lick and it says using the pinky only for those adjacent strings and I thought I have to play it exactly like this smile.gif so no problem with that one any more biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 28 2013, 07:10 PM) *
Here ya go buddy biggrin.gif

Great! What a catchy melody indeed.. well, then i have to work some more with melodies building in my head while hearing a chord progression/backing much more.. I'll try that approach!
And thanks again for your awesome video explanations biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 29 2013, 11:29 AM
Post #304

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey Marc - well, I played that lick as I would play it smile.gif I am not saying it's the right way for everyone - but you asked me how i would do it tongue.gif

Try more approaches if you are curious and see what ya get wink.gif

On the other hand, I will try to help out with little videos when someone has a question, as i know how helpful they are - all you have to do is ask questions smile.gif

Keep me updated, aye mate?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Sep 29 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #305

Accomplished Rock Star

So here's a little update.
I'll take private lessons with this guy mentioned above once a week. We'll cover things like fingerpicking/travispicking and singing while playing, learning lots of whole songs smile.gif all acoustic

But I'm continuing my plan with you, too and keep you updated biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 30 2013, 07:57 AM
Post #306

Instructor
Group Icon

Ha! That's great man biggrin.gif It's always good to be able to learn from everybody - I did this myself and I am doing it all the time wink.gif

Let me know how things are going with the Lydian theory and lesson and congrats again for your sustained activity this month! You rock, mate!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Sep 30 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #307

Accomplished Rock Star

Thanks biggrin.gif

Another rhythm workout right after AP training:
Attached File  TakeWeek3.mp3 ( 3.81MB ) Number of downloads: 26

So I'm quite satisfied with this one, because I'm getting closer to the more heavier vibrato in that syncopated riff. In the end I'm struggling a bit with my endurance wink.gif

What rhythm lesson do you recommend for the next one (I'd like to have a new one, although I'm playing the Disturbed one once in a while in the next weeks, too - maybe I'll do a REC take..)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Sep 30 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #308

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey Marc - I think this one is good to make a REC out of it if you get even more aggressive with the vibrato and a little bit more balanced all around.

Regarding another one - hmmmm, how about this one? smile.gif It looks simple but it's not THAT simple tongue.gif Have you ever dealt with odd time signatures?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Modern...-Guitar-Layers/

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Sep 30 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #309

Accomplished Rock Star

ok - I'll go from 'close to heavier' to 'close to aggressive' wink.gif I'll isolate that riff and upload few examples for you to listen and judge..

love that layered guitars lesson - at first I'll have to fiddle around to get that tone..

+Quote Post
mad
post Sep 30 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #310

Accomplished Rock Star

OK - I played that disturbed lesson again for about 1h now and all I get is a miserable (far from heavy not to think about aggressive) vibrato.. I have the sense of quitting to play this whole lesson for a long while (as happened with the Metal Metrics 4 lesson a while ago if you remember) as it is somewhat annoying not to play this thing right.. don't know what I'm doing wrong here sad.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 1 2013, 08:15 AM
Post #311

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 30 2013, 06:10 PM) *
ok - I'll go from 'close to heavier' to 'close to aggressive' wink.gif I'll isolate that riff and upload few examples for you to listen and judge..

love that layered guitars lesson - at first I'll have to fiddle around to get that tone..

Good! It's great to know that you like it biggrin.gif Please do so - remember how we isolated the fast riff lick in Meta? I think that the same approach would help here smile.gif

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 30 2013, 07:39 PM) *
OK - I played that disturbed lesson again for about 1h now and all I get is a miserable (far from heavy not to think about aggressive) vibrato.. I have the sense of quitting to play this whole lesson for a long while (as happened with the Metal Metrics 4 lesson a while ago if you remember) as it is somewhat annoying not to play this thing right.. don't know what I'm doing wrong here sad.gif

I think you are a bit burned out, my friend smile.gif Have you used that special break day as I suggested?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Oct 2 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #312

Accomplished Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 1 2013, 07:15 AM) *
Good! It's great to know that you like it biggrin.gif Please do so - remember how we isolated the fast riff lick in Meta? I think that the same approach would help here smile.gif

I think you are a bit burned out, my friend smile.gif Have you used that special break day as I suggested?

Yeah, I had one special break day last week (don't know exactly when it was.....) but it was hard not to touch any guitar tongue.gif but I think I'm really kinda burned out sometimes, because I'm practicing for hours (sometimes from 20h to 1h with very short breaks only)

Anyway, I will isolate that riff although I can't practice it that much, because I'm not able to play lots of those 1st fret 6th string agressive bends/vibrato smile.gif

And as today is articulation-day tongue.gif here's an update for the Lydian solo (just because I think this one besides the crystallize ear-training sessions is good, too) first half...

Attached File  LydianSolo_progress.mp3 ( 1.02MB ) Number of downloads: 30

These are my first tries to do bends with vibrato biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
post Oct 2 2013, 08:44 PM
Post #313

Accomplished Rock Star

There seems to be a problem since a few days or so: I'm unable to improvise dry.gif had a few tries on patriks collab and on the axeman but everything I played sounds like absolute crap. I don't mean I ever did that well before, but I had a few collab takes and even if they weren't that good - I had some ideas to play. But even those 'ideas' disappeared...
The question for me is - what to do? Should I just quit playing completely for a week or so or should I continue with my practice schedule (that doesn't contain improvising)??

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 3 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #314

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (mad @ Oct 2 2013, 07:44 PM) *
There seems to be a problem since a few days or so: I'm unable to improvise dry.gif had a few tries on patriks collab and on the axeman but everything I played sounds like absolute crap. I don't mean I ever did that well before, but I had a few collab takes and even if they weren't that good - I had some ideas to play. But even those 'ideas' disappeared...
The question for me is - what to do? Should I just quit playing completely for a week or so or should I continue with my practice schedule (that doesn't contain improvising)??

Hey mate - I think the Lydian solo sounds good! It could use a little more intention behind those bends and the notes could be better linked between each other - that comes in time, so try practicing it while having this in mind smile.gif

Regarding the improvisation - don't worry. There are days and days - I for one, would suggest you to look at the things you are working on and pick up the one you crave for the most smile.gif In that way, you will enjoy your session and not fall into the trap of feeling lost and not happy with what you do. Also, try those isolated riffs this weekend I am sure they'll feel better wink.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 3 2013, 12:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Oct 10 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #315

Accomplished Rock Star

Hey Cosmin!

Busy week for me.. but I tried to do few things last weekend and the practice for that Disturbed riff felt better, too smile.gif I even played it in a small jam session (just drums and guitar) quite well smile.gif

And here's a recording for the lydian solo..
Attached File  take2.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 21

Tried to put some more beef into the bends and to connect the notes in a different way.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 11 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #316

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey bro! This sound very good - fluid and nice!! Get it in the REC Zone biggrin.gif Ha! It was a good day it seems, eh?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Oct 12 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #317

Accomplished Rock Star

It was biggrin.gif

And today even better.. I was able to play that 90bpm 16th note part:

Maybe few timing issues due to long practice.. biggrin.gif

Now practicing that tapping part....

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 13 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #318

Instructor
Group Icon

Mate - this is flawless out of what I can hear biggrin.gif Great, great, great! But how is the Disturbed vibrato coming along? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mad
post Oct 13 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #319

Accomplished Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 13 2013, 12:32 PM) *
Mate - this is flawless out of what I can hear biggrin.gif Great, great, great! But how is the Disturbed vibrato coming along? smile.gif

Well unfortunately it's not getting better.. here's todays recording:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Oct 14 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #320

Instructor
Group Icon

Marc smile.gif If I were you, I'd take this to the REC zone - you still have to make the vibrato wider on in the verse and on the octaves, but aside from a little teeny weeny definition glitch - around 01:13, you are on track. Post it in the REC zone and let's see what's what wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 10:45 AM